OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Veterans Needed

Started by tjstinson13, March 08, 2023, 07:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjstinson13

Hello fellow turkey hunters.
I am a Marine veteran and an avid outdoorsman. I am helping a non profit called Weekends with Warriors to plan a turkey hunt in central Kentucky. Weekends with Warriors dedicates their time to helping combat veterans deal with their demons as best they can. One thing we found is that getting veterans outdoors in a comfortable environment with like minded people does alot for their mental stability. These events also tend to create very solid relationships and honestly have kept numerous veterans from becoming a statistic.

As I said before, I am helping to organize a Veterans turkey hunt in Central KY this spring. The hunt will take place in the areas of Sulphur Well, Scottsville, and Morgantown. I was hoping to get some assistance from you folks here at the forum by identifying or nominating some veterans who you feel would enjoy a weekend of turkey hunting. We have two slots open as of now.

If wanting to get more information, you can message me directly. We are also looking for anyone interested in donating or volunteering. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooksfan

eggshell

I am in Ohio and I guide on a wheeling sportsman hunt and it is one of the highlights of my spring. I annually hunt Kentucky and I might consider driving down to help if you take out of state people. what's your date and do  you have any social media sight, like a web page or facebook.

Tom007

Quote from: tjstinson13 on March 08, 2023, 07:30:04 PM
Hello fellow turkey hunters.
I am a Marine veteran and an avid outdoorsman. I am helping a non profit called Weekends with Warriors to plan a turkey hunt in central Kentucky. Weekends with Warriors dedicates their time to helping combat veterans deal with their demons as best they can. One thing we found is that getting veterans outdoors in a comfortable environment with like minded people does alot for their mental stability. These events also tend to create very solid relationships and honestly have kept numerous veterans from becoming a statistic.

As I said before, I am helping to organize a Veterans turkey hunt in Central KY this spring. The hunt will take place in the areas of Sulphur Well, Scottsville, and Morgantown. I was hoping to get some assistance from you folks here at the forum by identifying or nominating some veterans who you feel would enjoy a weekend of turkey hunting. We have two slots open as of now.

If wanting to get more information, you can message me directly. We are also looking for anyone interested in donating or volunteering. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your service, and thank you for helping out our veterans! Great gesture for sure....

Mossyguy

I love organizations like these. I participated in a wounded veterans hunt a few years ago that took place in Tennessee. It was the most fun I've had in awhile and I never fired a shot. Even though I didn't kill a bird I got to spend some quality time with some folks who went through the same things I did and it was a lifesaver. Kudos to you for starting this...Semper Fi!

Turkeybutt

Thanks for your service and looking out for the Vets. I know I appreciate it as I'm sure others do. Our brother's and sister who have demons sometimes live with them in silence and never discuss them.
I hope some reach out to you and you have an excellent hunt.

WV Flopper

Southernson13

What are dates? Army veteran that would love to guide.

krm944

Marines eat crayons, the Navy is better!  ????????????

As a combat vet, I can attest that Veteran's hunts are the best! I met some folks in Mississippi that have a non profit that does hog hunts. Friendships built that last a lifetime.

treein dixie

Any guiding still open?  i may like to attend? thanks

ShootingABN!

Thanks for your service and helping our Brothers and Sisters!

Airborne All The Way!

tomstopper

Fellow Marine vet her and I just wanted to say that this is awesome. Thank you for taking the time to do this.