turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta A300 Ultima

Started by davisd9, March 08, 2023, 05:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Just picked in an A300 ultima. Had a 28" barrel. Have a couple chokes to try, IC .562 and Carlson Longbeard .568. Was thinking maybe something in the 575 or 585 would be good to try. Anyone got any experience with one? Thanks!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Guess that is a big negative.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Glades

Unfortunately, nobody can tell you what's gonna shoot best in your gun. More than likely both of those chokes are gonna kill a turkey at 40 with a good TSS load. But the only way to tell which choke your gun is gonna like best is to buy a bunch of chokes, and a bunch of shells and put them on paper.
It also depends what you want. Do you want 220 in the 10, or 320? Do you want a hot core or a high number in the 20?

davisd9

Just shot the IC 562 and it gave me a good even pattern. TSS 3" 9s, 1-5/8 oz. First shot was a clean barrel, second shot was just a follow up with nothing between. Hope this helps the next guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranman

How about a pic of the shotgun..

davisd9

Quote from: Ranman on April 10, 2023, 07:58:47 AM
How about a pic of the shotgun..

I added a red dot and a meadow creek mount since this picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk