turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

“I’ll Take It!” Then they don’t

Started by Brwndg, March 07, 2023, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brwndg

So, what is it w members who reply to a classified that they will take a call and then disappear?  I've had three send PM saying they will take a call and when I reply asking for info, they never reply back.
I've followed up and only one responded they are no longer interested; the other two just don't reply. And I can see they have been active.
I've seen one that did it to me has done it before to another seller.
Really uncool; if you don't want to buy the call....DON'T SAY YOU WILL TAKE IT! 
Simple
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Tail Feathers

Folks ought to keep their word.  Period.
If they say they will take it, or do it, or enter into an agreement, they should follow through.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Were they members in good standing? Did they have all the proper amount of posts that they're supposed to have? Those would be the first two things I look at for entering a deal. I can see any emergency coming up and having to back out but this doesn't sound like that type of a situation at all. Check the keepers I can't remember what they call it,  feedback for other members thing to make sure they don't have any negatives against them.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

The classifieds will always have problems, it's up to us to report these problems ASAP...  People will back out for all kinds of various reasons. In my opinion, deal with long standing members with good forum history.... You have to realize most people don't honor the good old hand shake deal much anymore. 

Brwndg

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 07, 2023, 11:33:12 AM
Were they members in good standing? Did they have all the proper amount of posts that they're supposed to have? Those would be the first two things I look at for entering a deal. I can see any emergency coming up and having to back out but this doesn't sound like that type of a situation at all. Check the keepers I can't remember what they call it,  feedback for other members thing to make sure they don't have any negatives against them.

Yeh, one guy registered 2/7/2021 w/ 9 posts
Another registered 1/15/2019 w/186 posts (same guy I saw did same to another seller)
Third guy I deleted his email so not sure, but I recall it was a low number of posts.

I've sold and bought calls from lots of members here and have usually had great interactions, but this season more slackers.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Turkeybutt

Back when I was young your word meant something.
You looked somebody in the eye, shook their hand and your word was your bond, but not today! Different times we live in and the internet hasn't made things much better.

Mick2394

Have this problem a lot on another forum I am apart of, drives me nuts. But I feel it will always be a thing because the for those people "it's just the internet, who cares" I try to think that something could have came up or they just forgot but as often as it happens it makes it hard to trust folks anymore
Semper Fi

Old Gobbler

If they want you to send the item first ..then pay and a low post member .....it's a scam

Never send anything unless payed first

When selling something, you are to expect PROMPT PAYMENT ...other than that ..it's nothing but hot air

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

callmakerman

I have had this happen as well and yet the guy is still very active on the forum. He even gave me his ship to info and was going to be sending a check. Unless I have delt with someone before I will never send anything I'm selling until payment is sent and cleared. I didn't bother to contact him again as I felt if his word wasn't good the first time then I didn't need the same again.

Spitten and drummen

The times we live in my friend. I agree with you but that's the way things are now and it ain't getting no better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tal

Quote from: Turkeybutt on March 07, 2023, 01:04:14 PM
You looked somebody in the eye, shook their hand and your word was your bond, but not today! Different times we live in and the internet hasn't made things much better.
:agreed:

idratherb

Let us all know their forum name, that will help others in the future..

Zobo

The word is integrity—doing what you say you're going to do. It's lacking in some. But many here have it. At least that's been my experience.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

runngun

I can say that I have been guilty of "forgetting."  Last year, pretty close together, there were 2 items that I wanted to purchase. I contacted both sellers, and I had an issue with my phone. Got that straight and had issues with the PayPal account. It's very frustrating. Well, this year, I see the same items that I was supposed to buy. I contacted both again, and I definitely owed them an apology. I then purchased both items. In the end, everything worked out, thankfully!!! This was totally my fault as I forgot. This is a great place for all things turkey related, but it is filled with great people.  I have bought several things from members here that you ain't gonna find anywhere else.  I also understand that sometimes things happen in folks lives that we don't know about.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

crow

Quote from: Turkeybutt on March 07, 2023, 01:04:14 PM

I still waiting on the $3.27 you owe me for that used glove I found in the parking and mailed to you.