OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mr Fox Vest Event on March 11

Started by Notsoyoungturk, March 03, 2023, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notsoyoungturk

Sorry, I originally posted this in the turkey call section.

For those of you that are considering attending the Mr. Fox Vest Event on March 11 in West Point, I received a list of the call makers that will be present. 

Houndstooth, Cody, Primos, Rolling Thunder, Quaker Boy, Woodstock II custom calls, Patrick Winston custom calls, Lick Skillet Yelpers, Swamp Boy's custom calls, Tom's Turkey Calls, Feathered Oaks custom calls, Butt Kicker game calls, Daniel Jones game calls, Thunderbird custom calls, Mr. E's custom calls, Madhatter calls by Redbeard, Jeffrey Erb custom calls, Wise Old Owl turkey calls, Cypress Creek mouth calls, Doug Smith custom calls, Backland game calls, Crooked Letter calls, Ross custom calls.

Apparently, the only Cody call for sale will be the Mr. Fox.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Tail Feathers

That vest sale is turning into an event!  Good on 'em, I hope the folks that show up enjoy some good turkey fellowship.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

limhnger

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 03, 2023, 08:18:12 PM
That vest sale is turning into an event!  Good on 'em, I hope the folks that show up enjoy some good turkey fellowship.

It was a callmakers annual event before the vest was ever made and released...

Tail Feathers

Quote from: limhnger on March 03, 2023, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 03, 2023, 08:18:12 PM

It was a callmakers annual event before the vest was ever made and released...
I had never heard that.  Sounds like a good place to visit some year.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Turkeybutt

Sounds like a place I need to attend sometime soon.

Notsoyoungturk

They are also planning to have food trucks and live entertainment.  I just looking forward to visiting and talking turkey with some people.  It's taking too long for the season to arrive.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Bedge7767

Jim

Gog1015

Does anyone know how they're planning to distribute the vest? First come, first served or some other method? The updates don't really seem to provide much detail.

TurkeyReaper69

Me and a couple buddies are heading down to west point tomorrow and pitching a tent in front of the mossy oak store. Gonna be chowing down on Mountain House freeze dried meals and peeing in milk jugs the next few days. We ain't losing our spot. I WILL GET A NUMBERED VEST

Greg Massey

You can't pitch a tent or have a camper, it already said that in the details ...

Greg Massey

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 08, 2023, 10:05:07 PM
Me and a couple buddies are heading down to west point tomorrow and pitching a tent in front of the mossy oak store. Gonna be chowing down on Mountain House freeze dried meals and peeing in milk jugs the next few days. We ain't losing our spot. I WILL GET A NUMBERED VEST
Good luck with pitching a tent in front of the Store ... Hope you get a vest regardless

HookedonHooks

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 08, 2023, 10:05:07 PM
If you were in the loop on the event announcements it was made very clear no tents or RV Campers would be allowed. You can get in line as early as you'd like, but I'd only count on being able to occupy the amount of space you take when standing or sitting in a lawn chair.

Notsoyoungturk

Houndstooth just announced they are debuting their Mr. Fox call at the event.  It appears to be a cherry pot with glass.  It will also be available to order from their website on March 12th.

Notsoyoungturk

deerhunt1988

Making more unnumbered vests @ $450 each. Lol. $$$$$$$.