OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Some re-edited footage and a perfect turkey hunt

Started by POk3s, February 27, 2023, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POk3s

A couple springs ago, I had this idea to try and edit a public land Turkey Hunting series as I traveled around. The idea was I'd show things exactly how the season eas unfolding while not mentioning any of the states I was in. I'd lay in my tent at night, upload footage, and try to edit it on my phone. Well, episode 1 had a lot of audio errors because of it. I decided I'd try to download the video from YouTube and fix my mistakes. It actually worked! Man it feels good to have this one back and not be embarrassed of the way the final product turned out!

I'm going to revisit and re-edit a handful of these old turkey videos to get them RIGHT.

For now here's episode 1 of that project from a couple years ago, if you're looking for something to watch.

https://youtu.be/nyoRX53erI8

Last year, I filmed a may episode chasing public land merriams in about my favorite spot on earth. It's probably my best, short, turkey vid where everything comes together perfectly. I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/M27lIptMG1M

arkrem870

Try hunting and enjoying the experience for yourself. Soak it in. Forget walking around talking to a camera and staying up fooling with editing etc. Breathe in the cold night air and and get ready for the morning. Nobody that matters cares about your videos. Keep it secret. Keep it safe. Hunt for YOU. Not for confirmation from strangers. Cheers.
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

POk3s

I do enjoy the experience for myself and I do soak it all. I also like to take people along with me through video. It adds another enjoyable piece to it all. I don't understand why people think anything video related is for confirmation from others. I don't need to be liked and I don't need attention. I simply enjoy this and hope others will enjoy watching it. That's it.

snoman4

Quote from: POk3s on February 27, 2023, 08:37:10 PM
I do enjoy the experience for myself and I do soak it all. I also like to take people along with me through video. It adds another enjoyable piece to it all. I don't understand why people think anything video related is for confirmation from others. I don't need to be liked and I don't need attention. I simply enjoy this and hope others will enjoy watching it. That's it.
You do you brother.  I have filmed for myself and not shared the videos...it's not an easy thing to do..especially in the 90s when I was doing it.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

tanna114

Don't let anyone try to talk you out of filming. Awesome videos! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

GobbleNut

Trent, your videos fit exactly what I look for when searching for something to watch.  First off, you have learned that spouting off about where you are hunting will get the firing squad riled up.  Secondly, you are not trying to sell us anything, or trying to demonstrate to everybody that you are God's Gift to turkey hunting. You are obviously an average dude that has a passion for spring gobbler hunting,...and wants to share that passion.  Nothing wrong with that.

In addition to the above, you also hunt turkeys in the manner that is consistent with the way I prefer to hunt them.  That is, get out there in the woods, find a gobbler, try to call him in, and hopefully seal the deal,...all while adding the extra difficulty of trying to get the entire process on film.  As one who has done it on and off for several decades, it ain't easy to do when hunting that way. 

Now, I get the concerns all of us have about the rampant commercialization of our passion which has resulted in the continuing decline in the quality of turkey hunting in many places in the country.  To me, you do not appear to fit that mold.  Try to keep it that way, my friend!   :icon_thumright:

POk3s

I appreciate your guys's kind words.

It's funny to watch now even just a couple years removed from that little series I made and how I would've done things different. I don't have any of the raw footage anymore, so I had to edit off of the previous final product. Sometimes I got a little long winded and by the end, hates watching myself talk, so I apologize for too much "talking". I'll get better, and believe I am in my newer vids that don't involve turkeys ???? .

I went back and cleaned up episode 2 from that trip as it had some "rough around the edges" areas as well. From here, if you're interested, it should just okay the next turkey vids after the other is complete.

https://youtu.be/GKSzhCRaGSw