turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Last Year's CO Fan

Started by hobbes, February 13, 2011, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I finally finished Last year's fan from CO.  I had taken it out a while back and found that there was quite a bit of tree sap on the fan, so I put it back up and washed it again today.  I soaked it in coleman fuel for a short while and that removed some of the sap.  I've still got to pick up a panel for it.  I've also got a couple more from NE and IL to do.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Lumpy

It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

turkey slayer

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

njdevilsb

Beautiful fan.  That's why I NEED to get out west in the near future. 

ground control

"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

mason0366

PANYHunter

gophert

Looks like it's ready to go on a decoy!     Very nice!!!   :you_rock:

WV Gobble Gobble

Cove

What's the deal with the coleman fuel? I've heard of this being used before . . . . just curious.

hobbes

On a taxidermy forum coleman fuel or "gas" could start quite the argument.  Its primary use is to displaces all the water that was used for washing and allows you to dry the feathers easier.   It does remove some of the grease that you may have got on the feathers, and in my case it did help dissolve some of the tree sap that was on the fan.  I also think it adds sheen to the feathers, but I'm sure one of the full time taxis on here may want to beat me over the head for that statement.  

However, it is very very flamable, so it should be used outside and miles from any ignition source.  Also, gloves should be worn, because I believe its your liver that doesn't like the prolonged exposure.

Anyway, in taxidermy circles those that don't like it refer to those of us who do as a "gas a**".

I really don't advise its use for the do it yourself at home fan.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Hoosierhunter

Nice looking fan not sure I would try fuel on it