OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Displaying OG and Boney Pateches

Started by Archivist13, February 20, 2023, 06:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist13

How do you go about displaying your patches. Do you put them on your vest, stick them in a drawer, display them in a keepsake case, etc? I plan on getting the Boney one but am kind of unsure what to do with it when I get it. Would love some ideas!

eddie234

I have a couple on my Glenda Green satchel and a couple on my gun case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sixbird

Zobo

I just pin em up in the garage with pictures and such.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

WV Ridge Reaper

I buy two every year and throw em in a box..one day maybe it will be enough to put me in a hickory box in the ground !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_Wiles

I have em on my gun case and displayed on a bookshelf in my study alongside some turkey calls, etc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Magdump

Here is my story about what I do with them . . .

I have been a hardcore hunter since I was quite young and although I am 53, I only started turkey hunting in 2015.  Turkeys and turkey hunting seemed to mysterious to me.  I tried in high school but was baffled and did not know the first thing.  It did not help that back then in Vermont, turkeys were not that common.  I failed utterly and gave up and never gave it another shot.

So in 2015, a close friend took me out in Maine and he called in a couple two year olds that really wanted to play the game and after that first gobbler, I shifted from a life goal of wanting to simply hunt in all the states (deer) to wanting to bag a gobbler in all the states- I later learned this is called the "Super Slam."  I found this website in 2018 and since then, started collecting the patches each year.  I have arrowed some giant bucks at spitting distance but those all paled in comparison to that first gobbler as far as excitement!  Been hooked ever since!

Anyway, as flying is required in order for me to attempt many states, in 2018 I bought a Pelican 1510 case as my airline carry-on and each year I glue a new patch to the inside lid.  I am about out of space though and will have to start glueing them on the sides inside I guess.  The case has become a turkey hunting travel buddy as I drive and/or fly each Spring, trying to cross more states off the list. 

Turkeybutt

I have all the patches on display in my den except the one patch that continues to elude me, the 2010 Boney Patch.
If anybody has one and is willing to part with it please get ahold of me.

wyetterp

I set aside & saved the newer gold one for a buddy when he gets his first turkey with me. I bloodied his face years ago for deer hunting & I plan to put a bloodied thumb print on the patch when I help him get his first turkey. Looks like it will fit purrfect.

He's excited to earn that patch!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

NCL

Quote from: wyetterp on February 22, 2023, 04:24:58 PM
I set aside & saved the newer gold one for a buddy when he gets his first turkey with me. I bloodied his face years ago for deer hunting & I plan to put a bloodied thumb print on the patch when I help him get his first turkey. Looks like it will fit purrfect.

He's excited to earn that patch!

Very clever/neat idea.

jhoward11

Is displaying your patches all over your vest, hats the same as another thread about displaying your hooks all around your neck? HMMM. Maybe?