turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2023 Grand National Calling Results

Started by cassga, February 20, 2023, 04:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassga

Are the results from this weekend's calling competition posted anywhere? I have not been able to fine the results anywhere.

TurkeyReaper69

Matt Van Cise won the senior open, don't know about anything else though.

mikejd

Go to NWTF site. Click convention. I am pretty sure they are up there.

WV Flopper

Van Cise Continues GNCC Senior Finals Dominance

In winning his record eighth Senior Open Finals, Matt Van Cise achieved a record-high score of 777.5. JR Lanham, Dave Owens, Jesse Martin and Mitchell Johnston rounded out the top 5.

Dtrkyman

ditchdigger

You can watch all the calling competitions on the NWTF Convention youtube channel

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 20, 2023, 09:27:16 PM
How many has Matt won in a row?
I believe that's 2 in a row now. If my memory serves correct he was a judge year before last.

Dtrkyman

Would definitely like to hear Matt's run.   I could just tape it and play it in the woods...lol

PharmHunter

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 21, 2023, 11:19:52 AM
Would definitely like to hear Matt's run.   I could just tape it and play it in the woods...lol

I was told there that it was the highest score on record. 

TurkinTone

All around awesome run. His Fall scenario was phenomenal. The way he worked in kees during the assembly call. Most realistic I've ever heard. Dave Owens fighting purr was also on point.

sdw1002

I just watched the finals on youtube. Does anyone know why the first calle Chad Claycomb called twice in the finals? He called in the first and 3rd slot.

Upfold99

Quote from: sdw1002 on February 23, 2023, 01:25:09 AM
I just watched the finals on youtube. Does anyone know why the first calle Chad Claycomb called twice in the finals? He called in the first and 3rd slot.
If you draw #1 you also draw again for another number.

Gives the judges a baseline.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

mikejd

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 21, 2023, 11:19:52 AM

This was the first time I heard it in person and he was probably caller 13 or 14 so by that point you hear a lot of other  callers and there all good and you think you know who should win. Then Matt went on and you know it's over. Even my 10 yr old son looked at me and said dad he's gonna win. He actually picked first and second correctly.

Cowboy

Quote from: Upfold99 on February 23, 2023, 05:14:36 AM
Quote from: sdw1002 on February 23, 2023, 01:25:09 AM
If you draw #1 you also draw again for another number.

Gives the judges a baseline.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Yes

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Van Cise also won Air and Friction Team

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk