turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picked up a new 20ga. Turkey gun

Started by Sungrazer, February 19, 2023, 05:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sungrazer

Finally a Yildiz owner - Legacy HP Compact 24" barrels. Have sling and mount kit ordered and Mossy Oak wrap material to use on that silver receiver, but I'm not covering up that purty fiddleback wood! Can't wait to pattern, hope to be good enough to just use the fiber optic bead with lead Turkey long, and lead Pheasant or quality trap load short barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sungrazer

mountainhunter1

You will have one of the best looking guns in the woods this spring. That is some mighty fine wood on that double.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

I have one in 410 with Sumtoy chokes ... awesome little gun.. congrats on your it's a nice one ...

edward.penny2022

Great looking gun. Looking me a 20ga over under now. Have a nice CZ 12ga and thinking about a CZ ultra light 20.

runngun

That is a great looking gun!!! The grain just pops!! Hope it shoots great.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ChesterCopperpot

Could order 200 of those shotguns and not get another with anything close to that kind of wood. That's a lottery hit for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MossyOak92

That wood does have some pop.  Looks great.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk

Sungrazer

When I called to check when they might be expecting a Yildiz shipment the gentleman working the gun counter said "We have 1 on display and 2 new in box". This is the first box he opened and we both said " WOW, bet the other one won't be this good", and sure enough the other box had plain Jane wood.
He said it was not surprising that the Academy website showed 0 in stock for that model-glad I called ahead. Can't wait to hit it with some steel wool and Tru-Oil, should really make it pop.

mtns2hunt

Pretty, I would be afraid to take itn into the woods and brier thickets where I hunt.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Sungrazer

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 15, 2023, 09:10:32 PM
Pretty, I would be afraid to take itn into the woods and brier thickets where I hunt.
I hear ya, BUT that's exactly what I bought it for.
Unfortunately it will have to wait until next season. Upon patterning the gun the bottom barrels core pattern was 9" low and right, just boxed it up and sent it to Briley for warranty. Briley told me 6-8 weeks, IF they have a barrel.

krm944

Lcmacd 58