turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg SA 410

Started by ChiefBubba, February 18, 2023, 10:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

I just picked up one of these. How's the factory choke? What's the choke thread? What other chokes have others tried? Bubba

skimerhorn

The threads are mobil choke. I didn't try the factory but I got good results with a jebs xfull and apex 9.5

Oldmason

Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 18, 2023, 10:04:33 AM
I just picked up one of these. How's the factory choke? What's the choke thread? What other chokes have others tried? Bubba

There is a recall by Mossberg on this gun. Itis for trigger assembly. You can check online to see if it is recalled

squidd

I've shot Federal TSS #9 in two 410s with factory chokes and both have done well out to 25-yds.

Not sure if you you can go wrong with #9 and less than 30-yds!

:turkey2:

Oldmason

When you pull bolt back with no shells in gun does the bolt lock back. After changing trigger assy from Mossberg couldn't get bolt back. Sent gun to Mosseberg and got it back quick. Getting that time of year I got gun out but bolt wouldn't lock back. I have a SA-20 and when you pull bolt back it locks. Push button and it closes. Going to call Mosseberg tomorrow

runngun

Cycle the bolt, dry fire it. Then after dry firing it pull the bolt back and see if it locks back then. Betting it will.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Adam0988

Jebs full choke with burgess creek #9.5 is a solid 40 yard gun.

ChiefBubba

It is part of the recall. I surprised because I thought maybe it was a newer serial number. No big deal. I dry fired it and it cycle fines, bolt locks back after every one. Bubba

Oldmason

Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 20, 2023, 08:43:54 AM
It is part of the recall. I surprised because I thought maybe it was a newer serial number. No big deal. I dry fired it and it cycle fines, bolt locks back after every one. Bubba
[/quote
The recall is for the trigger assembly. It says not to shot until you change it. Call the number listed for recall. they will ship you a new trigger assembly and a return label. Easy to swap assemblies. Only have to remove one pin.

Oldmason

Quote from: runngun on February 19, 2023, 10:13:43 PM
Cycle the bolt, dry fire it. Then after dry firing it pull the bolt back and see if it locks back then. Betting it will.

Have a good one, Bo

That works. I was pulling bolt back but wasn't dry firing.  Thanks. Can't wait to pattern gun and see how it shoots. Put a I/C .555 on it. Might be a little tight since I like to call birds in to about 30 yard.

runngun

No problem Bud at all!!! Glad to help. A lot of newer auto's are this wa. A friend of mine swore that his new Beretta was broken. Most folks are used to the older types.

Have a good one, Bo

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Oldmason on February 20, 2023, 09:52:42 AM
Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 20, 2023, 08:43:54 AM
[/quote
The recall is for the trigger assembly. It says not to shot until you change it. Call the number listed for recall. they will ship you a new trigger assembly and a return label. Easy to swap assemblies. Only have to remove one pin.
All ready sent the email out, will call if I don't hear back in a few days. Bubba

ChiefBubba

Turns out my gun had the new trigger installed already. Will say Mossberg was very good in responding to me. Even sent pictures of the new trigger. Bubba

Oldmason

Great. I put a I/C choke in mine. Weather permitting hope to pattern this week.

Oldmason

does you gun have studs for sling. I noticed newest one's don't.