News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

West-central PA

Started by Yoder409, February 17, 2023, 09:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Not yet.

At least, I ain't caught them at it yet.  Listened yesterday and the day before.  Was expecting to hear gobbling birds.  But no.

Song sparrows are singing spring songs.  Back yard slap full of bluebirds.  A barred owl going at it.  But no toms, yet.  First gobble was Feb. 15th last year.  Gotta be coming soon.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

afhunter1

Where are you in PA?  I'm from Bedford County

Yoder409

Quote from: afhunter1 on February 23, 2023, 12:20:36 PM
Where are you in PA?  I'm from Bedford County

Armstrong county.

STILL haven't heard a peep..............   :-X
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

afhunter1

Same.  Hopefully soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Talked to a guy last night that is also in Armstrong......about a mile off Rte 66/28.  He's heard them at his place, so......

This stupid wind, though !!!  Seems every morning for the last 2-3 weeks its been howling most days.  Couldn't hear a train.......
PA elitist since 1979

Twowithone

Im from the Burgh I know where Rte 66/28. are.I go that way to my brothers camp in Forest Co. As for gobbling none heard in Allegheny Co. yet :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Cketch80

Greene County PA ain't heard one yet. This week I think though.

Yoder409

06:28 hours this morning !!!!

First gobble of the year for me.  Spring..............has SPRUNG !!!!!!!!!!

:z-guntootsmiley:
PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 02, 2023, 07:40:48 AM
06:28 hours this morning !!!!

First gobble of the year for me.  Spring..............has SPRUNG !!!!!!!!!!

:z-guntootsmiley:

Quiet on the other end of the county.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tca126

Heard some gobbling this morning on SW PA. Nothing crazy, but a few gobbles on the roost.

Yoder409

With morning temps at 21-22 degrees lately............ I ain't been that curious.
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

They been a GITTIN' IT the last couple mornings !!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 24, 2023, 07:45:38 AM
They been a GITTIN' IT the last couple mornings !!!!!!

Finally heard first gobbles of the season.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

scootac

Don't matter what they're doing now, season's a month away. Where they are now won't be where they are then.
As they say about deer.....ya can't eat signs.

Yoder409

Quote from: scootac on March 24, 2023, 12:53:44 PM
Don't matter what they're doing now, season's a month away. Where they are now won't be where they are then.
As they say about deer.....ya can't eat signs.

Yep.  pretty aware of that.  But, it's been almost a whole year since I got to take my coffee cup for a walk and just LISTEN to that GLORIOUS sound !!!!!!!!!

Been at this long enough that I could probably tell you within 25 yards where they gonna be roosted on April 29th if I never went out a single day.

Just LOVES o hear tha sound !!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979