turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Went to Nashville

Started by Big Jeremy, February 17, 2023, 05:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

I enjoyed my time there today. It was absolutely packed, but I was able to weave my way around and have a good time.

I got the new version of the Grounded vest. I like the layout of it, seat is pretty comfortable, will function similarly to a cabelas speed seat, and you can easily keep all of your calls covered by zippers. Also, you can carry 4 pots in it, which is important to me. I'll find how much I really like it in a couple of months.

Got some cracker boy and girl sauce and seasoning. I get it every time I go to the convention. Tasted good.

Got a couple of Eddie Salter mouth calls to try.

The highlight of my time there, and worth the trip alone, was getting to talk to Jim Shelley (Persimmon Hill Calls) for a while. I had never had the chance to do any more than basically acknowledge each other's presence in Nashville in past years. We talked for 10 minutes, and despite the crowd of people, he never tried to hurry me along. I left a huge fan of him.

While talking, I picked up a glass over carbon fiber in a canary wood pot with matching canary wood striker and fell in love with it. I just got through running about 30 different strikers on it, and all of them (especially snakewood) sound good. That call sings! It will without question be in my rotation!

If you don't have a glass call you like, or even if you do, you should give Jim Shelley a shout. Top notch calls, and a finer fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

Greg Massey

Glad you had a good time and you got some nice goodies. Jim is an awesome guy and my all time favorite hunting pot is his ceramic over glass in a cherry pot..

runngun

Thanks for sharing!!! Congratulations on a great looking call to boot. I have always wanted to go to the convention but I ain't been able to make the run yet. But I will, it's a bucket list for sure.
Who made the snake wood striker?

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 17, 2023, 05:34:14 PM
I enjoyed my time there today. It was absolutely packed, but I was able to weave my way around and have a good time.

I got the new version of the Grounded vest. I like the layout of it, seat is pretty comfortable, will function similarly to a cabelas speed seat, and you can easily keep all of your calls covered by zippers. Also, you can carry 4 pots in it, which is important to me. I'll find how much I really like it in a couple of months.

Got some cracker boy and girl sauce and seasoning. I get it every time I go to the convention. Tasted good.

Got a couple of Eddie Salter mouth calls to try.

The highlight of my time there, and worth the trip alone, was getting to talk to Jim Shelley (Persimmon Hill Calls) for a while. I had never had the chance to do any more than basically acknowledge each other's presence in Nashville in past years. We talked for 10 minutes, and despite the crowd of people, he never tried to hurry me along. I left a huge fan of him.

While talking, I picked up a glass over carbon fiber in a canary wood pot with matching canary wood striker and fell in love with it. I just got through running about 30 different strikers on it, and all of them (especially snakewood) sound good. That call sings! It will without question be in my rotation!

If you don't have a glass call you like, or even if you do, you should give Jim Shelley a shout. Top notch calls, and a finer fella.

How's the new grounded vest look?. I don't use social media other than this forum and haven't seen it.

3bailey3

Very nice looking call, congrats

Big Jeremy

Quote from: runngun on February 17, 2023, 05:41:15 PM
Thanks for sharing!!! Congratulations on a great looking call to boot. I have always wanted to go to the convention but I ain't been able to make the run yet. But I will, it's a bucket list for sure.
Who made the snake wood striker?

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
JLH snakewood and a Townsend snakewood (and another wood, I think Osage, but not 100 % sure)...they are both great, but I typically prefer the JLH.

Big Jeremy

How's the new grounded vest look?. I don't use social media other than this forum and haven't seen it.

[/quote]

I'll post a picture of the most important update to me. They moved the buckles off of the shoulder straps where they previously interfered with shouldering a gun for some folks.

They have a website where you could find better pics, I'm sure.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 17, 2023, 06:00:25 PM

I'll post a picture of the most important update to me. They moved the buckles off of the shoulder straps where they previously interfered with shouldering a gun for some folks.

They have a website where you could find better pics, I'm sure.

[/quote]

I went to their website and all I can find is the impact. Is it still the impact and the only changes are the buckles?

Big Jeremy

Some changes to the seat, also.

roosterstraw

Grounded hasn't updated their site yet. They told me it will be available to purchase after the convention.

mountainhunter1

Dr. Shelley is a wonderful God-fearing man. I have bought about twenty calls from him over the years and really have never gotten one that I did not really like. He is definitely one of the most underrated call builders among us. I am not surprised at all that he took time and made you a priority while you were there with him. He has always done the same for me.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Zobo

Agree that's he's generally underrated, I have a slate from him that's through the roof, special.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Cowboy

All the fine words you guys have for Mr. Shelley, I'm going to check him out for my next pot call. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

rong

I bought a ceramic over glass in a holly pot from Mr. Shelly at the convention today and it sounds awesome. Asked him how much and have never forked over $45 that fast in my life. Gotta be one of the best purchases I've made in some time.