OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sitka seat

Started by Old Timer, February 15, 2023, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

What does the seat offer in comfort? I will sit a long time waiting a bird. I need comfort.

RiverBuck

Everyone's level of comfort is different... just like everyone's tolerance to cold.
If you're asking about the seat then I'd probably guess you wouldn't be happy with it.
The Sitka turkey vest wasn't designed around sitting in the same spot for half a day but I've found that it's more comfortable than it looks.

Greg Massey

The Sitka vest was built on the concept of carrying less and running and gunning.  It wasn't made for long term sitting... IMO ...

Tom007

I thought that the seat was too thin till I realized that it is made of extremely dense foam. I went scouting one morning with it, sat for 45 minutes with comfort. It does not compress like most seats, and is very lightweight. The Cabelas Speed seat and others I've tried will compress after an hour or so, losing its form. I need to field test the Sitka more this season, but so far, the seat seems good.

Archivist13

I personally really like the Sitka seat. It is much more comfortable than it appears. It was comfortable enough that more than one time last season, I fell asleep sitting on it leaning against a tree.

Tom007

Quote from: Archivist13 on February 15, 2023, 09:06:58 PM
I personally really like the Sitka seat. It is much more comfortable than it appears. It was comfortable enough that more than one time last season, I fell asleep sitting on it leaning against a tree.

Good news........

Archivist13

Quote from: Tom007 on February 15, 2023, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: Archivist13 on February 15, 2023, 09:06:58 PM

Good news........

...for the birds! ;)