turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkyote Hunt?

Started by Archivist13, February 14, 2023, 06:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist13

So there is a saying in the deer hunting world that when you see a coyote during your deer hunt it becomes a coyote hunt. Wondering if anyone here feels the same way about turkey hunting. If your calling in a turkey or just run into one, does your turkey hunt turn into a coyote hunt? I've had two times now where I called in a coyote during turkey season but didn't get a shot off....yet.

guesswho

I'll shoot the yote on the spot.   I can kill the turkey later that hunt or another day.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Howieg

It's a sin not to kill a coyote,  turkey or not .

runngun

Dropping the hammer every time I get a chance!!! Especially if they answer a turkey call!!! It's only fair!!!

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

What's a SIN is having to waste a 10 Dollar TSS Shell on the stinking coyote ....

ferocious calls

Yep 2 so far when coming to the call. Buried the wad in one's neck at 6 feet while hunting with Lonnie Gilbert.

Yoder409

Lower the boom on a coyote EVERY chance I get !!!!!!!

Couple years ago, I was dropped back a little......calling for my brother.  I didn't see it.  But a coyote came in 20 yards from him and stood.  He not only didn't shoot...........he got his phone out and took pictures !!!!!    ::)

I chewed his butt out when he told me and showed me.  He said he figured if he shot, I'd be mad for him spooking the turkeys.  I told him "We can kill a turkey ANY TIME !!!!!!  From now on, when you're with me.........we're COYOTE HUNTING and if a turkey shows up, we'll kill it ".

We came down off that ridge and went up on the next.  I called him in 3 birds and he shot one.

NO mercy for a coyote !!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Not throwing my license away for several years for shooting a coyote or any animal out of season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Vintage

Some states coyote hunting is open all year.

MO_HUNTER

I hate yotes! It's so bad, I ruined an elk hunt for a coyote. I've got it bad..

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Vintage on February 14, 2023, 08:26:22 PM
Some they are not :'(
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Notsoyoungturk

Dirt nap time for  Wile E Coyote! Doesn't matter what season, what gun or what shell.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Archivist13

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 14, 2023, 08:24:49 PM
Not throwing my license away for several years for shooting a coyote or any animal out of season.

Definitely. Thankfully the two states I hunt, Maryland & PA, both have year long coyote seasons.

Yoder409

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 14, 2023, 08:31:57 PM
Quote from: Vintage on February 14, 2023, 08:26:22 PM
Some they are not :'(

Thank HEAVEN that PA isn't one of those states !!!

Hard to imagine ANY state protecting the rotten things....
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Cowboy

Yes I will. This one and it's friend came to see me this spring. The friend left alone.....

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk