OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mininalist Satchel

Started by 25_06, February 10, 2023, 10:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

25_06

Just a quick note.
The Satchel from Glenda Green is great.
thanks,

Bryan

Greg Massey

Congrats on a nice satchel, and it's USA made ...

paboxcall

Nice, like it in the original Bottomland.  :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Greg Massey

In the Regular Size satchel i have 3 ... you may think why do i have 3 ...  I have number 5 in both types of Bottomland and i have one modified with a claw sling shoulder strap with attachments for both her long and short box on the shoulder strap.

25_06

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2023, 11:10:22 PM
Congrats on a nice satchel, and it's USA made ...

Yes, I agree, it's always good to buy made in the USA.

She states the material is also made in the US, extra bonus.

25_06

I purchased this satchel with the thought that, every time I'm in the wood's turkey hunting, I find myself laying my calls and junk on the ground next to me. I figured this would serve as a place to keep everything together and of the ground, wet tall grass, mud, whatever.

I'll give a try this spring.

25_06

Notsoyoungturk

Congratulation.  I love mine.  Agree with 25-06.  I use the flap to lay my calls and strikers out.  Haven't left one since I started. No bulk associated with vest.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

25_06

Same here, I found myself leaving stuff behind by accident, and digging around in a vest I feel makes for too much movement.

thanks,

jmart241

Congrats I have been using same one for a couple years love mine. Glenda makes outstanding products

mountainhunter1

I love my Minimalist Satchel. And Mrs. Glenda is a wonderful person to boot! Her stuff is just quality and then some. I am in agreement that if you cannot get it in that satchel, you are likely carrying too much stuff.

The only problem is if you get into some really cold weather. I do well to get one item of clothing in mine, but where I hunt in the south that is almost always enough. But I have wondered if maybe folks further north might be better off with the slightly larger regular satchel she makes for that one reason alone. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on February 11, 2023, 04:51:58 PM
I love my Minimalist Satchel. And Mrs. Glenda is a wonderful person to boot! Her stuff is just quality and then some. I am in agreement that if you cannot get it in that satchel, you are likely carrying too much stuff.

The only problem is if you get into some really cold weather. I do well to get one item of clothing in mine, but where I hunt in the south that is almost always enough. But I have wondered if maybe folks further north might be better off with the slightly larger regular satchel she makes for that one reason alone.
That's why i like the larger one... I can always down size what i take and i can add more if needed for that reason all mine are the regular size ...

Zobo

I've been eyeing these for some time. And I'm a vest hunter, but I would like a larger bag to carry extra calls and such in the car, to and fro wherever. More for carrying, not in the field.  My question is about rigidity of the largest satchel. Do they hold their shape or are they flaccid and collapse? Would it be good as a holder of calls for local transport?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Greg Massey

Quote from: Zobo on February 11, 2023, 05:25:42 PM
I've been eyeing these for some time. And I'm a vest hunter, but I would like a larger bag to carry extra calls and such in the car, to and fro wherever. More for carrying, not in the field.  My question is about rigidity of the largest satchel. Do they hold their shape or are they flaccid and collapse? Would it be good as a holder of calls for local transport?
They are made out of waterproof 600 mill cordura material and it stays flexible. It will hold its shape and it will also expand depending on how much you put in the satchel.. It's awesome for carrying your calls and transporting them. I've seen people buy them just for carrying stuff they buy at one of the turkey trade shows Like Unicoi and NWTF Convention...

ElkTurkMan

I have been using one of these for three years now. I still wear my vest sometimes but the majority of the time I carry this satchel. It's money well spent.