OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Planning any trukey trips for next spring?

Started by neal, June 21, 2011, 01:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Just finished figuring out where I am headed next spring and start for 2013. I'll be in SD, KS, MN, and WI, in '12 and then 6 of us just put in a deposit for FL in '13 going for my 2nd grand slam and 5 others 1st and I'm sure I'll also be in SD in '13. Any others making their plans yet or are you more of a wait and figure it out in the winter?
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

gobbler336

i have gotten into a nice routine for the last several years of fl, sc, nc (home state), then pa.  sometimes one or two more get thrown in but these four most years for sure.  don't necesarily hunt the same forests just the same state, especially in pa, i have yet to hunt the same place twice, though, i stumbled on an area that will be very hard to resist next year.

2013 is a bit to far off for me, never know what could happen between then and now, though i don't have to make deposits either.

deerhunt1988

Have a preference point to use in Florida...Hoping to get drawn for a WMA there..If so, we will try for another single season public land slam...So far it is looking like Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Tennessee, and of course Mississippi.

wisconsinteacher

Maybe if my new job is going well, I will hide in Neal's truck as he goes to one of those states this spring. 

njdevilsb

Nothing as of yet.  I'm hoping to get at least one more species besides easterns next year.  My biggest problem is talking somebody into going with me.  My dad isn't into turkey hunting like I am.  Maybe I'll just go somewhere by myself.

drenalinld

I am planning KS and NE for sure. I am looking at TN and KY. Trying to fit in a FL hunt along with a Spring vacation with the family.

gobbler74

2012 Missouri and Arizona. Already have AZ license. May get GA in if things work out.  
2013 May head south of the border.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

mnturkey

I will do my two standard MN and WI, I would love to go to SD or NE also but it is a wait and see with work.
SEMPER FI

kdog

Planning my first Trip to SD and Neb with my brother then hunting my home state of Ohio and also will go over the border and hunt Pa.This will definitely be the most I've ever turkey hunted.

Kdog

sugarray

Jay

No plans besides Iowa and Kansas, but will probably work in a 3rd state by 2012.

mossybird

Maybe some NC turkey hunting but thats it.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ElkTurkMan

Planning a Trip to South Dakota, just not sure where yet, but I'll definately be out there at some point next spring.

Kywoodsman

I'm gonna try to hunt out of the home state of Kentucky for the first time next year. Gonna hunt Tennessee (just about 30 minutes away, and I'm thinking about attempting Iowa next year cause I've got family up there.