OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW VEST FROM MOSSY OAK

Started by REBELYELL, February 07, 2023, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

I like the looks of the vest. I like the Leatherwork, and it seems to be well made. It also looks like it won't be noisy nylon, anways. The cost seems steep to me and I have zero interest in the collectible side of it. Glad that Mr Fox has lived a long and full life, but that doesn't sway me in either direction on it. I would be more inclined to buy this than a $600.00 secondhand platz call though. That's just me.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

HillclimberWV

I really like the layout but would never spend that much on a vest.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WV Ridge Reaper

So if your not at the convention you won't stand a chance at getting one..if there are any left after that they will be bought up at the store...I bet none get put online..they will all be gone,I hope not cause I am ready and will be waiting

Dumb...but that's fine I know a guy that does leather and bottomland that's what I like about the vest was the leather straps.

I'm reality it ain't nothing but a worked over nomad vest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 10, 2023, 04:54:12 PM

I'm reality it ain't nothing but a worked over nomad vest

Wish the nomad had the vertical interior box call pocket.
I am a box call guy and like taking two short boxes with two totally different sounds.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sixes

Not going to lie, I would love to have one of the first 10 that include special calls and ammo.

Here is the callmaker list for limited calls:

Nine of the country's top custom call makers made batches of limited numbered (1-10) calls signed in honor of Mr. Fox. We'll have photos, videos and stories from the shop of each call maker coming later this spring.
Custom Call Makers:
• Mark Prudhomme - Trumpet
• Billy Buice - Trumpet
• Steve Mann - Paddle Box
• Lamar Williams - Two Check Box
• Marlin Watkins - Fiddle Paddle box
• TJ Johnson - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Bill Zearing - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Dean Redbeard Mundhenke - Copper pot calls
• Pat Strawser - Slate Calls

Sixes

Doesn't look to be a limited run other than 1944 of them numbered.  It states on the website that there will be unnumbered vests.

Wasn't the Dixon vest with the specail calls sold on Ebay when it was released or am I remembering something different

Old Timer

I`m with Happy. Best to the man and his family. If I had the chance to buy one I probably wouldn`t. Most likely a collectors item. I would like to know where the  the vest made?

bowbird87

Love the story and history of the vest, but truthfully not a fan of the layout.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 10, 2023, 03:06:40 PM
I guess I'm the only one that has zero interest in it, whatsoever.

:-\

You mean to tell me you're not interested in "The best turkey vest EVER engineered!!!" What's wrong with you man??? "EVERYTHING has been thought of!" And "it will last a lifetime or TWO!!"....Well it better, because it's gonna take you that long to pay it off! Still not interested? They are giving some of the lucky NWTF attendees the extreme honor of buying them too! AND, if you have a spare 100k or so, you can get the vest fully furnished and installed with custom calls too! You even get an option to, now get this, BUY turkeys shells!!! That option comes 100%free with the vest. So get with it bud, open your eyes already!!! :blob10:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

slicksbeagles1

I emailed Mossy Oak a few days ago to find out where it was made and still no response hum  :blob10:

Turkeybutt

I'm right there with you brother. $450.00 isn't something I'm interested in at all.

KYFrid

Love the vest. Just hard to justify the price to my wife, especially with a little on the way in August.  I'll keep hunting with my Limbhanger!

kytrkyhntr

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

PalmettoRon

$450 is a steep price for a vest. Got to admire the marketing from Mossy Oak creating interest in this. I don't like the layout anyway.

It appears the back of the vest is 2 large pockets, so I don't see that the vest can be used to haul out a gobbler.

Bucklick Creek(Bass Pro) has served my needs well for years and I like the fact that I have back support without the need for a tree which can come in handy on some hunts.

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on February 10, 2023, 09:49:22 PM

You mean to tell me you're not interested in "The best turkey vest EVER engineered!!!" What's wrong with you man??? "EVERYTHING has been thought of!" And "it will last a lifetime or TWO!!"....Well it better, because it's gonna take you that long to pay it off! Still not interested? They are giving some of the lucky NWTF attendees the extreme honor of buying them too! AND, if you have a spare 100k or so, you can get the vest fully furnished and installed with custom calls too! You even get an opinion to, now get this, BUY turkeys shells!!! That option comes 100%free with the vest. So get with it bud, open your eyes already!!! :blob10:

WELL !!!!

Since you put it THAT way........

Nope.   Still not interested.

:TooFunny:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.