turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Indian Creek .555

Started by cassga, February 06, 2023, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassga

Is .555 too tight for an M2 shooting Apex #9's? Anybody wanna share results with this setup?

kwild835

Depends on what kind of pattern you are looking for. I have saw a bunch of M2 patterns with tons of different tss options.  The IC .555 will most likely have a smoking hot 10" core.  My .562 IC in my M2 has slightly more open pattern than the .555 IC I ran.  I like it to have a little more wiggle room, if I wasn't a tight wad then I would go to the .575 IC.  If you get 250+ hits in the 10 circle you are good for a lonnnnng ways, so it is better to open up your pattern.

cassga

Quote from: kwild835 on February 06, 2023, 12:28:33 PM
Depends on what kind of pattern you are looking for. I have saw a bunch of M2 patterns with tons of different tss options.  The IC .555 will most likely have a smoking hot 10" core.  My .562 IC in my M2 has slightly more open pattern than the .555 IC I ran.  I like it to have a little more wiggle room, if I wasn't a tight wad then I would go to the .575 IC.  If you get 250+ hits in the 10 circle you are good for a lonnnnng ways, so it is better to open up your pattern.

Yea that's what i figured. I'm shooting a .562 in my Weatherby SA08 and it does well, but I am not opposed to opening it up a little more. I pattern at 40, but most of my shots are under 30. The M2 is new and i picked up the IC .555 for a deal, but after i bought it, it got me thinking if it was going to be too tight for my liking.

Dtrkyman

I rarely shoot a bird over 30 but still roll with the .555

My stock 580 ish choke definitely is a little better up close but it's not drastic!

I would rather have the wiggle room at 40 if I miss judge and rely on my shooting close in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slave601

This is what I've been wondering on the .555 if it would blow the pattern out with apex 9s or just have a hot core
"thinnin the flock"

Glades

It absolutely depends on your gun. My ICC 555 throws a 275/225 pattern, and is very even in the 10 and 20, with Apex 1-5/8" #9. Some people get over 300 in their guns, with less in the 20. Only one way to find out.

paboxcall

Pull the trigger and find out.

My Mossberg 500 preferred the IC .555 over both the IC .562 and the Sumtoy .562. I prefer a hotter core in a pattern. With 1.5 oz. of straight 8s, putting 235 in 10" at a lasered 40 yards, same with 1 3/8oz. of straight 8.5s.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

runngun

Talking about the Indian Creek 555 and 20 gauge numbers. My best friend shot a target at 40 yards, (check with range finder) Indian Creek choke 555, FOXTROT AMMO 1 5/8 9s. The gun is a Browning B 80 semi auto. This combination put up 478 into the 10. Considering that the load contains approximate 600 bns. This is a way wicked load. Personally I have not seen better. Not even from a 12. Not this high percent in the 10. I also have a picture of this pattern I will try to post.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.