OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

410 choke help

Started by Adam0988, February 03, 2023, 06:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam0988

Would anyone have an idea as to why a Carlson mobil will not screw in to my sa410. The factory choke goes no problem. I can put the choke into a Hatfield sas410 and it goes no problem. It will only go about 2 turns into the sa410 then it stops. I have checked threads in gun and on choke no burrs or flat spots. Any suggestions?

skimerhorn

I'd give them a call and see what they suggest. They may just swap it out? I used a jebs in mine with no issue

Adam0988

I got a Jebs on the way. It just baffles me as to why it won't go in the sa410.

runngun

I have the same problem with my Charles Daly 28 gauge.  The threads look just like Mobil choke thread, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. I bought a Briley Turkey choke Mobil ,nope.
The best way to describe it is that the threads don't have a peak, instead it's flat threads. It's supposed to be Mobil.

Have a good one, May God bless y'all
Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bigfootwolff

A friend of mine had the same issue with a Tristar 410 after buying a Carlson's TSS turkey choke.  He called Tristar about the issue and was told some times the factory in Turkey cuts the choke threads in the barrel at a slightly different pitch than US made aftermarket Choke tubes.  He was told to send in his barrel to Tristar and they would chase/reprofile the barrel threads to accept the aftermarket choke.  My buddy sent in his barrel and had it back in 7 days.  New choke now fits perfectly.   This might be the OPs issue, since both guns are manufactured in Turkey, maybe even from the same factory.