News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2023 turkey trips

Started by WW, February 03, 2023, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathfoot

Quote from: WW on February 06, 2023, 03:29:47 PM
Heck at this point guys, there's no need not to announce where you're traveling to hunt.....The youtuber has done a terrific job of putting it all out there, so there's no more hidden gems...

Lol. I don't think telling the state you're off to is too big of a deal.

Also, usually when I've been to an area I'm happy to share with someone that I deem appropriate to tell. I've put many people in the right spot. But I wouldn't tell just anyone. But this forum is mostly a good group of folks so there's that. 

Happy

For the most part, it ain't the people on here that you have to worry about. It's everyone  else cruising the forums hoping to have their work done for them.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

deathfoot

Quote from: Happy on February 06, 2023, 04:34:38 PM
For the most part, it ain't the people on here that you have to worry about. It's everyone  else cruising the forums hoping to have their work done for them.

Fact. And I wouldn't say it publicly. I meant to mention that earlier.

turkeyfool

The Youtubers drawing attention to certain states pisses me off as much as anyone. I do like watching Dave. With that said, I've seen a few videos posted so far from 2022 season and I think some Youtubers may be leaving State names as out of title and description of the video? I could be wrong, but I think that'd be huge

I don't think it's a big deal at all to be posting our trips on this forum. In reality, forums are kind of dying so it's cool we have this.

As for me, it's going be: fishing in the keys all of March, then potentially North Carolina April 13-ish, then MD for the opener, mixing it up in Mass/CT towards the end of April, my home state of NJ, then New England as usual in May

deerhunt1988

Starting March 1st, ending May ~7. Hunting at least 7 states. Not worried about extending my season into mid-May anymore as hunt quality has diminished drastically in recent years as the May states have gotten more and more exposure.

turkeygod4

Staying around the house this year (Texas). Acquired permission for a few new places that should fill my tags here. New Mexico if I get a wild hair. But the big trip this year is Mexico for my Gould's in mid-May.

Howie g

FLTurkHntr

Back to southern Michigan for the opener on 4/22.  Can't wait.

Louisiana Longbeard

Florida in March
Texas in April
Back home Louisiana rest of April
Nebraska/South Dakota in May

Trying for the slam. Can't wait

jhoward11

I'm headed that direction mid April as I do each year. Can't wait!!! Good luck and safe travels to all.