turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sitka Turkey Vest

Started by ScottTaulbee, February 03, 2023, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Just saw that Sitka added a new color, dark earth to the Turkey Vest line.....

Archivist13

Quote from: Tom007 on February 06, 2023, 06:08:09 PM

Just looked at that Earth pattern. Eh, it's just dark brown. It would look good against a dark tree, but you would look like a brown blob against a beech or just walking around I would think.

Tom007

Quote from: Archivist13 on February 06, 2023, 09:26:50 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 06, 2023, 06:08:09 PM

Just looked at that Earth pattern. Eh, it's just dark brown. It would look good against a dark tree, but you would look like a brown blob against a beech or just walking around I would think.

Yea, I like the Timber. Hides you anywhere.....

Dtrkyman

The subalpine blends extremely well once there is any green in the woods.  I would probably go timber on the vest?

Though I doubt it matters.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 07, 2023, 09:55:33 AM
The subalpine blends extremely well once there is any green in the woods.  I would probably go timber on the vest?

Though I doubt it matters.
I went with timber, I typically wear bottomland, green leaf, or other darker colored camo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slicksbeagles1

To me the one I looked at last year at the NWTF convention it looked just like a RNG300 with Sitka on it and a different color camo. Needless to say I kept walking.

RiverBuck

If you're looking for more room for "stuff"
I added a Kifaru Rogan to the back using the existing compression straps.

davisd9

Hunted the Sitka vest all season and been very pleased. Very well built. I do miss having easy access to the game bag for water, thermocell, sheds, and feathers but it is not a huge issue. Very comfortable and has all the space I need.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

harleytom

I picked up a lightly used Sitka timber vest early this season and have been very pleased with the weight, fit and overall quality of the vest, mine is Timber also which does well with Bottomland as far as matching looks. Just picked up a Badlands vest which was on sale at Rogers in Bottomland. Just got it today and while I like the pockets and storage capacity of the Badlands the Sitka fits me better and the seat arrangement/ease of use is much on the Sitka. Gonna use both the rest of this season and see which I like best for long term use. I would say I'll probably sell the other but who am I kidding? I collect turkey vests like women collect shoes.

Old Timer

I have had them both. I really liked the badlands but just could not get comfortable wearing it. We shall see with the Sitka it fits well. Good luck

Tom007

Quote from: harleytom on April 11, 2023, 10:15:45 PM
I picked up a lightly used Sitka timber vest early this season and have been very pleased with the weight, fit and overall quality of the vest, mine is Timber also which does well with Bottomland as far as matching looks. Just picked up a Badlands vest which was on sale at Rogers in Bottomland. Just got it today and while I like the pockets and storage capacity of the Badlands the Sitka fits me better and the seat arrangement/ease of use is much on the Sitka. Gonna use both the rest of this season and see which I like best for long term use. I would say I'll probably sell the other but who am I kidding? I collect turkey vests like women collect shoes.

Glad to see someone else has this problem......good luck with both....