OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Collectors vs Hunters

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 28, 2023, 09:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ol bob

I have been blessed to have been making, and selling calls for over 25 years. I just want to say its an honor when someone buys something you have made with your hands. Hunter or collector, it makes no difference. I'm not able to make many calls now, and I sure miss meeting people at the shows, and making friends. Been able to make friend with many great call makers over the years, and sure miss the ones that have left us.

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 16, 2023, 11:07:37 AM
.............this year is my first year of learning a trumpet. Hopefully i can kill a gobbler while using one or at least call one up with a trumpet.

Me too.  I have 2 coming.  Don't have either, yet.

Must be the year for all the old guys to start trumpet lessons.   :toothy9:

I am here to tell you THIS............. I am NOT.......no matter HOW much I enjoy trumpets.......letting them do to me them what box calls did to me.   :z-dizzy:

I can't afford it !!!    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 16, 2023, 11:19:53 AM
.............this year is my first year of learning a trumpet. Hopefully i can kill a gobbler while using one or at least call one up with a trumpet.

I am here to tell you THIS............. I am NOT.......no matter HOW much I enjoy trumpets.......letting them do to me them what box calls did to me.   :z-dizzy:

Come on Don, you cant be a collector with out a Rev. Farmer trumpet!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Yoder409

Quote from: JeffC on March 16, 2023, 12:41:31 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on March 16, 2023, 11:19:53 AM

Come on Don, you cant be a collector with out a Rev. Farmer trumpet!!

Agreed !!!    :icon_thumright:

But I need a new pickup, too.  Can't have both........    :z-dizzy:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Bedge7767

Any hunters who have more than one Buice call can sell it to me so you don't become a dreaded collector. Lol
Jim

ferocious calls

My collection is nearly 100% trade calls. Kenny Crummett had me trading with all his callmaker friends. He would send me a note with several makers each month that were willing to trade calls. Some are not so good others are fantastic.  It didn't matter to me.

Often hunters that stop at my table will say, "those calls are too nice to take to the woods". My reply, I know where you can get another one inexpensively and ya won't have to wait a year or 3. Slow production creates long lists. As a maker I want as many that want one or a case of them to have it.