turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Vest?

Started by Mo_turkey_hunter, January 18, 2023, 07:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I will add that the Grounded Vest does look like a fine vest, looks very well made, well thought out. Another great option to consider for sure......
"Solo hunter"

misfire

I wish Knight Hunting Products was still making them, I love mine. Not sure what I will do when it bites the dust. Heard lots of good about the Cabelas
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

G-dub

Grounded.  Year three and it has held up great.  Buckles don't get in the way but if you carry too much, like I do, sometimes the straps will loosen up a bit.  Not a big deal and it's really the only negative I've found.

richard black

I have the Cabelas speed seat half vest. Super comfortable seat that moves up annd out of the way, annd  enough room in the pockets for what I need. If you're a minimalist or a bit more this is a great set-up. They were out of production for quite awhile but are available once again.

btomlin

Quote from: roosterstraw on January 19, 2023, 06:43:59 AM
Did grounded change their buckles? I know there were some complaints that the buckle got in the way when shouldering.

If they do, I'm buying one.  I had one and no matter what I did, my gun seemed to center right on the buckle.  I do wish they had a box call pocket similar to the exterior styles on many vests vs the tube with elastic on ea end.  Can't have it all, but it was a solid vest.  The guy that makes them is a member here and he should be proud....expect for those buckles.  Ha!

kytrkyhntr

I have a few vests right now

Newest old Tom gun slinger is light and decent quality (real light)
Nomad vest that I sewed claw straps in.. decent vest but not as comfortable and materials aren't as great it isn't comfortable to me. I am not a fan of nomad quality (on vests)

Original cabelas TATR 2. I love it but it's a hair on the heavy size. It's an XL so that could be why it's not the only one I consider.

I am still on the hunt as well. I will be going after another vest when it drops in feb.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Tom007

Quote from: richard black on January 19, 2023, 09:23:18 AM
I have the Cabelas speed seat half vest. Super comfortable seat that moves up annd out of the way, annd  enough room in the pockets for what I need. If you're a minimalist or a bit more this is a great set-up. They were out of production for quite awhile but are available once again.

Ditto, I have 2 of these. Fantastic run & gun option....
"Solo hunter"

Dtrkyman

Most vests weigh more empty than my rng 200 does whn full!  If they still made them I would buy another, otherwise I would look at the Sitka vest for sure.

RLAG

For those of y'all interested, I'm working with a supplier to create a run and gun vest alternative that is specific to turkey hunters right now. Should be on the market in a few months I would think. I'll make a post when it has come to fruition but I think it'll be pretty slick for the way I like to hunt

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

Does the seat really stay out of the way? I feel like it would've bouncing around a lot and uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanders153

The Grounded Impact. A very well thought out, comfortable, and tough vest. I was a fan of the old school style super elite vests, but they were always too hot it felt in the Oklahoma Springtime. No issue with heat at all on the Grounded, plus it looks awesome as a bonus perk.

PALongspur

:z-winnersmiley:

I used one for all my hunting this fall and was totally impressed. If Cabela's would just offer decent camo patterns again this thing would be darn near perfect!

turkeykiller22

Quote from: btomlin on January 19, 2023, 09:38:02 AM
Quote from: roosterstraw on January 19, 2023, 06:43:59 AM
Did grounded change their buckles? I know there were some complaints that the buckle got in the way when shouldering.

If they do, I'm buying one.  I had one and no matter what I did, my gun seemed to center right on the buckle.  I do wish they had a box call pocket similar to the exterior styles on many vests vs the tube with elastic on ea end.  Can't have it all, but it was a solid vest.  The guy that makes them is a member here and he should be proud....expect for those buckles.  Ha!

We have not released any information on the new vet yet but the buckles have changed to curb the issue of shouldering the gun. We are planning to unveil the new vest in a few weeks!!

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

WV Flopper

There is no Best Vest! Happy said it best.

When you find exactly what you think you want in 3-4 years it will probably change. No one vest will ever fit all!

Last year I ran two vests, one warm weather one cool weather. This year I just need to do a little better job stocking both with calls that I run.

Come on Cody.....I need some pot calls.

Warm weather rig was a bino harness with auxillary side pockets, a water bladder inside a small pack. I loved it.  Alaskan Guide gear, it did cost a couple dollars to put together.

Wigsplitter

I bought one of the original grounded vest when they came out 3 years ago - buckle is in the way a little when shouldering your gun or it will make a little noise if you have a plastic stock BUT that is only disadvantage I have found - a little bit heavy if you fill all the many pockets - great seat with good magnets- inside pocket for strikers which is a plus and soft quiet material - and drew is a great guy who reached out to me when I had questions-  not many times the  CEO gonna reach out to you!!  - I need to be on his pro staff!!???? - I'm expecting the revamp vest to be even better I can't wait!!!!