North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Steve Lumma Tales & Chronicles of Creative Talent from the Pinky Fingernail

Started by GSLAM95, January 13, 2023, 06:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

Tales & Chronicles of Creative Talent from The Pinky Fingernail 

This Pink Ivory masterpiece by Steve Lumma has a story behind its creation as It all started with a phone call I received on 2/25/2020 from the Memphis Legendinhisownmind call maker Frank Cox. 
I would often get a call around this time of the year from the legendinhisownmind being inquisitively nosey about what calls I picked up at the conventions and sometimes discussing what options I wanted on my next call if I was up on his "list".   

It was humorous how there was always negativity from this man no matter what call or call maker it was that I would mention next in conversation of acquisitions.   

After his badgering of many, next in line was Steve Lumma who I consider a good friend and very talented call maker. 
Frank right away said "Lumma ain't nothing but an overnight jeweler" and he continued the start of his rant and badgering when I said "Frank you can stop right there.   Steve has designed both my wife and my own wedding rings and his calls speak for themselves!"   

He again started badgering and I cut him off with a laugh and said "Frank - STEVE LUMMA HAS MORE CREATIVE TALENT IN HIS LITTLE PINKY FINGERNAIL THAN YOU WILL EVER HAVE!"   Their were crickets on the other end just shortly before the phone call ended.   lol

I very shortly after got the humorously expected text from the legendinhisownmind stating "Since I have such little talent don't expect any calls from me again. "
My it's been difficult but I've somehow found other alternative choices of where to spend my money.  LMAO

If you've stayed with the story this long you may want to check back as I will be showcasing a compilation of many other contributions of PINKY FINGER NAIL talented call makers of past and present here at the Tales & Chronicles of Creative Talent from The Pinky Fingernail.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

HookedonHooks

A fantastic piece with an even better story. Congrats John.

3bailey3

Badger

sbbow

Great story an his work is second to none!!

The Woodsman

Meleagris gallopavo

A true masterpiece of writing and call making!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

turkey stew

Awesome story! Steve is an outstanding talented call maker! He is an excellent person and is humble.

Yoder409

Outstanding call from an outstanding individual !!!!

CONGRATS !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

GregGwaltney

I can't even imagine how many hours went into that one, piece of art!
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

spurs2bgobblin

I have wondered about the ol' talented pinky!

That is an unreal call! Masterpiece!
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

GSLAM95

Quote from: spurs2bgobblin on February 09, 2023, 03:41:28 PM
I have wondered about the ol' talented pinky!

That is an unreal call! Masterpiece!

Steve Lumma is one of the most talented call makers out there right now and is so creative with his work that he's just on a different level than most.   He has a god given talent that is a pleasure to watch evolve. 

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

packmule

Quote from: GSLAM95 on February 09, 2023, 09:28:00 PM
Quote from: spurs2bgobblin on February 09, 2023, 03:41:28 PM

Steve Lumma is one of the most talented call makers out there right now and is so creative with his work that he's just on a different level than most.   He has a god given talent that is a pleasure to watch evolve.

Well said.