OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How to keep glasses from fogging up

Started by timberman1979, January 11, 2023, 10:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberman1979

Good morning. Just wanting to see if anyone has any tips on keeping glasses from fogging up when wearing a mask? Tried anti-fog, but doesn't seem to work.

Old Timer

Cat Crap no joke that`s the name made by EK usa

bbcoach

A hunting buddy of mine had the same problem.  I gave him a HS Strut 3/4 MESH facemask.  Problem solved   https://www.hsstrut.com/product/3-4-facemask-edge/     Make sure the molded nose piece molds to your nose really well and the mesh will allow your breath to vent away from your face with no condensation on your glasses.

Sir-diealot

Cat Crap, have some that I got two years ago, use it the beginning of every season and it works for keeping that sweaty steam from coming up, works with breath steam but let as much hot air out from under your mask as you can, makes it work even better.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeybutt

I tried Cat Crap but I think all the litter scratched the lenses on my glasses.

tal

Quote from: Turkeybutt on January 11, 2023, 03:17:33 PM
:TooFunny:

Greg Massey

Sir-diealot

It was not the Cat Crap that did that, you forgot to remove the cat before you rubbed you face in the box silly!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

bbcoach

[/quote
I bet there is a sizable odor as well. :lol:

Wigsplitter

Age old question here for glasses wearers!! I have tried face paint and several kinds of mask but ultimately have just pulled the mask down under my nose and breath like a normal person! With your head down on the gun where it should be when a gobbler is getting into gun range they will never see that 3 inches of uncovered skin mashed into the gunstock! If you are skeptical  of that rub a lil dirt on the nose - I've had no issues with birds seeing me

timberman1979

Thank you all for the responses. Didn't know if there was something I was missing or didn't know.

EastKyGobblerSlayer

I use regular Dawn dish soap. Apply a small amount to front and back of lens with your fingertip, cover complete surface. Allow to dry a few minutes before buffing with a soft cloth. I carry a small square of paper towel soaked in the soap in my vest in case I get into rain or need to re apply. You can dab a small amount of water on it and reapply, last for a few days with no issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88

I'm pretty near sighted so I have to wear my glasses or all I see is a blob past 15 yards. I cut a hole in the mouth and nose section of the mask and if possible leave a little room around the nose and cheek for air to pass before going under my glasses. There seems to be a sweet spot on my nose and if I put my mask down to a certain point it doesn't fog as bad.

I honestly asked my eye doctor about doing laser surgery but she said there was no point at my age because my eyes were going to change again in a few years.

rakkin6

Cat Crap works great

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER