turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tactacam question

Started by sswv, December 22, 2022, 04:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

Got a question for you Tactacam users. Let's say I have a Tactacam Solo Hunter. After I video "something" and link it to my android phone can I slow the video and zoom in?

thanks in advance

sswv

Dang, nobody uses a Tactacam?  Makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time thinking about buying one.

GobbleNut

Just a suggestion,...before you invest in a Tactacam or similar system, I would look into a gun-mount attachment system for smart phones.  Assuming you have one of the newer models of phones, the cameras on them are pretty amazing.   (I have a Tactacam 5.0 and, quite honestly, am not sold on the entire set-up).

Prefacing this by stating that I have not actually tried this type of system out yet, I am looking into it. There are mounts on the market that allow you to attach your phone on your gun in a manner that allows you to see what you are videoing in real time while still having easy access to the camera controls on the phone.  If you use a scope on your gun, the mounting bracket for the phone sits right above the scope,...which I would think would be the perfect place for it to be.

Now, I am not sure what the pros/cons are for this type of system, but it would seem to me to be worth investigating as an alternative to a Tactacam-type system.  Perhaps some others here might have some insights/opinions on this as well.

Paulmyr

I agree with you on the advancement of camera technology in phones. The kid at work took a picture of a guy across the job site from about 150yds with his new phone this summer. You could see the features of the guys face plain as day. I tried the same pic with my phone and there was no comparison. I couldn't zoom in near as close. It was amazing the difference in zoom and picture quality. Not sure what phone he had just know it's more than I'll spend on one.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

guesswho

I just bought a new Tactacam 6.0.   Still can't answer you question for sure, but I'm pretty sure you can.  I can do it with my ATN scope and IPhone.   I had the Tactacam about 10 minutes.  Put it back in the box and sent it back.   To complicated for a simple mind like mind that is pushing its capabilities by pushing a record button and remembering to squeeze the trigger.   I didn't like the fact that the zoom was either normal or 8X, no in between.  Also didn't like the touchscreen that was about the size of my thumbnail.   Couple other features I didn't like as well. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

eddie234

Quote from: sswv on December 22, 2022, 04:30:20 PM
Got a question for you Tactacam users. Let's say I have a Tactacam Solo Hunter. After I video "something" and link it to my android phone can I slow the video and zoom in?

thanks in advance
The solo hunt is the entry level tactcam. Don't think you can link it to your phone at least I can't with mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Spring Creek Calls

I put any footage from my Tactacam Solo that I want to save on YouTube. You can zoom and stop but I'm pretty sure you can't slow down the frames.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

guesswho

If it's like my ATN, all you do is save to your phone.   Then you can go frame by frame if you want to.   I use it all the time while shooting hogs to check POA at the shot.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff