Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rogers Sporting Goods Turkey Sale (UPDATED 2/7/23)

Started by bbcoach, December 22, 2022, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Quote from: bigdrumnc on December 28, 2022, 10:08:28 PM
Ya I am curious about the Remington tss as well.  The price is right, from what I understand federal now owns Remington.  It's probably a clone of the federal tss.  The stat's look the same.
I've looked for reviews via the net and can't find a thing.  I figured some on OG would have tried them and could give a quality review.  From what I can tell, Remington introduced them in the spring of 2020.  There are a couple of YouTube videos out there but not enough reviews to get a warm fuzzy.  With Remington's reputation in the ammo market and the price ($8 per shell), it looks as if I maybe The Guinea pig.   

BDeal

You boys are hard on my checkbook  :) I bought a bunch of Apex TSS. Thanks for the heads up.

nativeks

Side note is regular old school hevishot worth anything? Place I used to hunt required nontoxic, but since you are more likely to use a unicorn on it I havent shot any in years. I shoot lead when hunting my own property.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bigdrumnc

Quote from: bbcoach on December 29, 2022, 08:08:15 AM
Ya I am curious about the Remington tss as well.  The price is right, from what I understand federal now owns Remington.  It's probably a clone of the federal tss.  The stat's look the same.
I've looked for reviews via the net and can't find a thing.  I figured some on OG would have tried them and could give a quality review.  From what I can tell, Remington introduced them in the spring of 2020.  There are a couple of YouTube videos out there but not enough reviews to get a warm fuzzy.  With Remington's reputation in the ammo market and the price ($8 per shell), it looks as if I maybe The Guinea pig.
Exactly my thoughts.  Looks like the apex has more pellets.  That's what I used last year and was very impressed!  I wish I could afford their duck Ammo!

bbcoach

Quote from: nativeks on December 29, 2022, 09:45:53 PM
Side note is regular old school hevishot worth anything? Place I used to hunt required nontoxic, but since you are more likely to use a unicorn on it I havent shot any in years. I shoot lead when hunting my own property.

I'm not sure what Hevi shot you are referring to but Hevi-13 Turkey loads is All I shoot in my 835.  The Hevi 13 7's in 3 1/2 in in my 835 will put up 300 plus in 10 at 40.  OLD SCHOOL Yes but it definitely gets the job done at ethical distances!  And I didn't pay $10 to $15 a shell for them.  With the right gun and choke, they were at the top of most people's list before TSS.

bbcoach

Quote from: bigdrumnc on December 29, 2022, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on December 29, 2022, 08:08:15 AM
Exactly my thoughts.  Looks like the apex has more pellets.  That's what I used last year and was very impressed!  I wish I could afford their duck Ammo!
Apex does have more pellets because they are loading 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 oz loads to Remingtons 1 3/4 oz.  Question is are you willing to pay 4 to 5 dollars per round more for the Apex.  You have to ask yourself, if I make myself shoot at a respectable distance at a bird do I really need to spend 12 to 15 dollars for each shell.  As some will say on this forum, we are turkey hunting not turkey sniping.  Remember our grandfathers' killed turkeys with fixed chokes and paper 2 3/4-inch #4 lead so when do we draw the line?  TSS has its place in 20- and 410-guns IMO but in 12's it is way overkill.  My 2 cents.

nativeks

Quote from: bbcoach on December 30, 2022, 01:28:42 PM
Quote from: nativeks on December 29, 2022, 09:45:53 PM

I'm not sure what Hevi shot you are referring to but Hevi-13 Turkey loads is All I shoot in my 835.  The Hevi 13 7's in 3 1/2 in in my 835 will put up 300 plus in 10 at 40.  OLD SCHOOL Yes but it definitely gets the job done at ethical distances!  And I didn't pay $10 to $15 a shell for them.  With the right gun and choke, they were at the top of most people's list before TSS.
This

bbcoach

YES!!!  The 2 brown boxes.  The pic doesn't show the gauge, length or shot size but that was HOT 10 plus years ago.  Mag blends in 5, 6, 7 or straight 5, 6 or 7's were putting up GREAT numbers with the right gun and choke.  $13 a box is a steal!

Tail Feathers

I got my Rogers order yesterday.  Fast shipping.   
Funny, I googled the Remington TSS and it was $64 a box.  Not cheaper than Apex is it?  But that may have been 12 ga and I shoot a 20.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

deathfoot

I ordered from Rogers on Christmas Eve late in the evening. I received my order yesterday. That was quick especially given the holidays. I will definitely order from again!

bbcoach

Quote from: deathfoot on December 31, 2022, 06:52:50 AM
I ordered from Rogers on Christmas Eve late in the evening. I received my order yesterday. That was quick especially given the holidays. I will definitely order from again!
I'm glad I could pass this on to All.  Rogers has been at the top of my list for several years now.  They seem to get their hands on ammo when others can't.  Delivery time is quick, and they carry sporting goods for many hunting activities with Top brands.  They send out sale flyers periodically via e-mail and have very good prices.  Check their website if you need something or get on their E-mail list to get their updated sales and clearance sale items sent to you.  GREAT Company IMO.

Cowboy

Yep. Got my order in couple of days too. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

jlw

Just placed an order with Roger's for some of that Remington TSS. Hard not to at that price! Also ordered a Millenium turkey pro seat from them at 45% off.

nativeks

Before the pandemic if I ordered from Rogers before 3pm it would be on my doorstep less than 24 hours later.

bbcoach

Here's the latest Rogers Online Sale.  AMMO, Vests etc.  I thought some maybe looking!
https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/36640