OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Edgefield's Turkey Museum/ Turkey News

Started by Greg Massey, October 12, 2022, 09:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

The Turkey Museum is closing and the collection is headed to Missouri. It will be going to The Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium in Springfield,Missouri better known as Bass Pro Shop. The Federation will close its warehouse and outsource merchandise to a third-party. The shipment of the collection is still being finalized and talks are ongoing with Johnny Morris. The moving of the collection will gain them more exposure going from around 10,000 people per year to around 1 million viewers per year. The Federation also has 2 new CEO's coming in now to supposedly take the NWTF in a different direction. We will see how all this plays out and i'm sure a lot of people who have donated calls to the collection will be very disappointed in this closing of the Edgefield Museum. IMO..

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on October 12, 2022, 09:44:04 AMThe Federation also has 2 new CEO's coming in now to supposedly take the NWTF in a different direction.

It would appear that direction is more of the downward, death spiral that started when they dumped Rob Keck and Rob Brown.

This latest move is borderline criminal.  That museum was built off the backs of card-holding members and their donations.  NOW it's moving to a place you are charged a (hefty) fee for admission.

If I hadn't dumped the NWTF when they dumped Keck and Brown, I'd dump them NOW in an instant.  Pretty sure there's gonna be a mass exodus of members in short order.

TFT lookin' better and better every day...................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

tal

I'd be happy to see them finally find a direction  :)  :z-twocents:

Greg Massey

Hey guys don't shoot the messenger , i'm just sharing some turkey news for everyone..

tal

Not attacking at all, good information. We're saying the same thing.

Turkeybutt

It's a shame that is taking place.
They say change is good but not necessarily true in this particular case.
Thanks for sharing Greg

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on October 12, 2022, 02:20:09 PM
Hey guys don't shoot the messenger , i'm just sharing some turkey news for everyone..

Nothing whatsoever directed toward you, brother.

I had already seen this a day or two ago.  I just hadn't voiced my opinion yet.   I've just watched the NWTF decline for a good while now.  Can't see as this move or set of moves is going to do anything but steepen their slippery slope.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 12, 2022, 06:07:49 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on October 12, 2022, 02:20:09 PM

Nothing whatsoever directed toward you, brother.

I had already seen this a day or two ago.  I just hadn't voiced my opinion yet.   I've just watched the NWTF decline for a good while now.  Can't see as this move or set of moves is going to do anything but steepen their slippery slope.
No problem... and i do agree with everyone's concerns....

Tail Feathers

The upside is that someone will get to see the stuff.  The downside is paying to do that.
It's a shame the NWTF has fallen so far, so fast.  But it's their own fault.  They mostly accomplished their mission and lost their way.   Firing Keck and Co turned out to be a bad move too.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ol bob

They started down hill, the day they forget that they were about wild turkeys, and started to worship the dollar.

slicksbeagles1

Quote from: ol bob on October 12, 2022, 07:05:00 PM
They started down hill, the day they forget that they were about wild turkeys, and started to worship the dollar.
ol bob hit the nail on the head

Hoot 000

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on October 12, 2022, 07:14:22 PM
ol bob hit the nail on the head
NRA in the same boat.love of money the root of all evil.

Hook hanger

"PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH"

Magdump

This right here.