Started by Tom007, October 08, 2022, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: crow on October 13, 2022, 08:22:09 AM
Quote from: guesswho on October 11, 2022, 05:37:55 PM
What kind of hairdo is that? :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Looks like a ghost cut.

:TooFunny:

Looks like he was a captain way back then, and Tennille put Nair on his forehead when he was sleeping

Looks to me like this captain needs to make a few select individuals walk the plank.  This is beginning to look like a mutiny!...   ;D :angel9:

crow

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

Quote from: guesswho on October 14, 2022, 09:32:28 AM
Quote from: crow on October 13, 2022, 09:01:06 PM
That ship has sailed
I thought it sank.

It did, that was that episode he pulled last year when he was trying to pick up those spring break chicks on Lake Tahoe. It was a real scene man.

reflexl

I don't even remember what year it was but I was young and skinny so a long time ago. I know it was years before digital cameras. I never will forget it. I was evening hunting. I was trying to get in between the roosting area and fields. I had no idea how to call. Apparently the bird didn't know I didn't know how to call.  He answered and stopped about 100 yards in front of me. There was about 20 minutes of light left. I realized he wasn't going to come any closer so I started towards him. He saw me and ran. I didn't see him exit the thicket so I figured he was hiding. I began to ease down the road and he poked his head up. Shot him with a youth model 20 gauge. I had to drive close to an hour to get home with him. I still get a little excited thinking about it.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

MK M GOBL

Pretty sure I was 25 in this picture, called a bird in for my buddy first year out, 2nd year was my dad and 3rd year was mine!

MK M GOBL

joey46

Been busy thanks to Hurricane Ian but finally got around to digging this one up.  That's me on the left.  Late in the Ohio season at Tar Hollow State Park.  Have lost contact with my "guide" but I'm sure he's still chasing them.  We are both in our 70s now.  Wow.
Resizing for this forum certainly made the picture a little weird.  It is what it is.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

eggshell

guesswho

Quote from: eggshell on October 20, 2022, 12:57:55 PM
Here's a fixed photo Joey:
The old Koplin Gun Skinz, I think that's what they were called.   I remember those, still have one on an old Mag 10 and an 1148 16 gauge. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

good job eggshell

that first pic looked like the prototype for the funky chicken decoy

joey46

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

A little emotional on this one................

Roosted these birds the night before.  Took Dad with me.  First time he'd ever gone spring turkey hunting.  First time he'd ever seen it done.  I called two birds with several hens in tow.  We were sitting shoulder-to-shoulder against an ancient cherry.  We talked this one the whole way through to a simultaneous trigger pull.  Birds fell feet apart.   Dad's first, last and only spring bird.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.