OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Photo of your first bird?

Started by Tom007, October 08, 2022, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Actually know which album it's in, but didn't find it this weekend. My picture is of the second turkey "Tom" I killed for the season, first turkey was a Jake.

It like others is a Polaroid picture, in color! Nice gobbler, nice beard, did his brothers proud and me too!

It was the days of Trebark.

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on October 11, 2022, 05:37:55 PM
What kind of hairdo is that? :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Looks like a ghost cut.

:TooFunny: ;D  Yeah, kinda does, doesn't it.  nowadays, that ghost cut is much more pronounced.   ;D
...And, by the way Hasselhoff, you got no room to be talkin'!  Remember, I've seen some of your pictures from back in those days!   :angel9:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Looks like David Cassidy from the Partridge Family !!!

:toothy12:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 12, 2022, 11:25:51 AM

Fellas, we all know we all had those long locks when we were younger........at least the girls liked it.  :drool:
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Not my first, I didn't even kill this bird, guy in white hat did, but the oldest pic I could find with two good buddies, probably close to 30 years ago!

3bailey3

eggshell

Quote from: Tom007 on October 12, 2022, 01:05:09 PM

Fellas, we all know we all had those long locks when we were younger........at least the girls liked it.  :drool:

Funny how back then we had a lot more hair and a lot less weight, boy how things change. My last trip to a barber I was charged a "finders fee", now the gobblers have more hair in their beards than I do on my head. I am also packing the additional equivilent of a couple good sized gobblers around, more now. Man if I had the knowledge I have now with that go get em body and energy, turkey's would probably be extinct in my area by now. I was as dumb as I was skinny in those days, when it came to outsmarting gobblers. I think  that is why they're harder to kill now, us old timers took the dumbass one's out of the gene pool.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Happy

Thank goodness I managed to keep my good looks and self respect over the last 20 years. I had to dig, but this is my first turkey. Also attached a picture of my last which was killed with the same gun i used to kill my first.Thankfully I still have the same haircut and can still wear those same clothes. Man I can't believe I have managed to keep looking this good for so long.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Quote from: eggshell on October 12, 2022, 04:27:58 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on October 12, 2022, 01:05:09 PM

Funny how back then we had a lot more hair and a lot less weight, boy how things change. My last trip to a barber I was charged a "finders fee", now the gobblers have more hair in their beards than I do on my head. I am also packing the additional equivilent of a couple good sized gobblers around, more now. Man if I had the knowledge I have now with that go get em body and energy, turkey's would probably be extinct in my area by now. I was as dumb as I was skinny in those days, when it came to outsmarting gobblers. I think  that is why they're harder to kill now, us old timers took the dumbass one's out of the gene pool.

Amen my brother, I agree they are more educated with predation, hunting pressure, and land lose. It's much more rewarding when you harvest an old Tom now than it was years ago. Thank god we still have them to pursue......be safe
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Happy on October 12, 2022, 04:40:03 PM
Thank goodness I managed to keep my good looks and self respect over the last 20 years. I had to dig but this is my first turkey. Thankfully I still have the same haircut and can still wear those same clothes.

Nice pic, clean cut young lad........great bird....
"Solo hunter"

Happy

Thanks, like most I could show some hunting and fishing photos that aren't so stellar. I am still young at heart if that counts for anything. Now if i could get rid of some of the minor aches and pains i seem to have picked up i would be a happy fellow

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Quote from: Happy on October 12, 2022, 05:51:16 PM
Thanks, like most I could show some hunting and fishing photos that aren't so stellar. I am still young at heart if that counts for anything. Now if i could get rid of some of the minor aches and pains i seem to have picked up i would be a happy fellow

I wish you well my friend, we will be trading memories this spring once again.....
"Solo hunter"

crow

Looks like a ghost cut.

:TooFunny:

Looks like he was a captain way back then, and Tennille put Nair on his forehead when he was sleeping