OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Photo of your first bird?

Started by Tom007, October 08, 2022, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I did my annual fall garage cleaning/reorganizing today. Buried in one of the Tupperware containers I found a picture of my first Turkey that I got in PA in the early 80's. I thought I lost this photo when I moved in 2005. I am on the right, my college friend Bill with his Coors hat on left. It brings back fond memories as if it was yesterday. Hopefully you all have your first photo, it brings it all back.....be well.
"Solo hunter"

quavers59

Damn,I wish,I could upload photos to this Site. I is very easy indeed to upload  Photos to huntingny.com as well as njwoodsandwaters. I gave trying  on this site though

Paulmyr

Quote from: quavers59 on October 08, 2022, 06:26:00 PM
Damn,I wish,I could upload photos to this Site. I is very easy indeed to upload  Photos to huntingny.com as well as njwoodsandwaters. I gave trying  on this site though

Most of my problems posting photos are because my files are to big. I downloaded a free file compression app to reduce the file size than download to this sight.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Yoder409

Cool pic !!!

Far as I know, the only pics that exist of my first are a couple of TOTALLY crappy Polaroids..........
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Tom, that's a picture of memories. That old school camo was and is still pretty good stuff... We were lucky to have camo back in those early years ...

3bailey3

very nice Tom, no I don't have pic's of my first few, but the memory of the first is still very fresh in my mind!

Tom007

Thanks team, yes I thought I lost this pic till today. Now I can hang it in my game room. A treasured memory for sure. Love to see some of yours..
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

My first and only to date. May 18 2019

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

OK.   Found them.   And I done told ya............    :TooFunny:

These are cell phone pictures of Polaroid pictures (some of you may have to Google that  :toothy12:)

Approximately 1981

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: Tom007 on October 08, 2022, 09:26:46 PM
Thanks team, yes I thought I lost this pic till today. Now I can hang it in my game room. A treasured memory for sure. Love to see some of yours..

Such a great thing to dig up and find. I'm pretty sure no one took any pictures of me during my earlier hunting years, not that I can remember. I do remember my wife, when we were young taking a few pictures, not sure if they were ever developed, we might not of had the money back then, lol!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on October 08, 2022, 11:39:31 PM

Such a great thing to dig up and find. I'm pretty sure no one took any pictures of me during my earlier hunting years, not that I can remember. I do remember my wife, when we were young taking a few pictures, not sure if they were ever developed, we might not of had the money back then, lol!
Quote from: Yoder409 on October 08, 2022, 10:38:38 PM
OK.   Found them.   And I done told ya............    :TooFunny:

These are cell phone pictures of Polaroid pictures (some of you may have to Google that  :toothy12:)

Approximately 1981

Quote from: Sir-diealot on October 08, 2022, 10:14:37 PM
My first and only to date. May 18 2019

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Great pics, love to see that old camo.....Thx for the memories....
"Solo hunter"

tomstopper

All of my early hunting photos burned up in a fire at my dad's house when I was in the Marines over 20 yrs ago but here are my 2 favorite pictures of my daughters both getting their first. I will trade these over mine any day.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

guesswho

Scan it and save it also.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

eggshell

Well way back when I killed my first gobbler,  pictures were a little too heavy to pack around...here's the pic and complete story.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/hieroglyphs-obelisk-sultanahmet-istanbul-25902350.jpg

Seriously though, my parents took them on slides and I have no idea where they went too. My first print was in 1980 after I got married
my wife and I splurged on a fancy camera for our wedding and honey moon pictures:

here's my 1980 first picture I actually had as a print. By this time I had hunted almost 10 years and still didn't own camoflage....yeah I killed
jakes, if it came to the call it died.

Beards and Hooks

Awesome Tom, that was a great find, rocking in the 80s?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk