OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Land Lease-South East Georgia INformation

Started by Gobble Nole, September 01, 2022, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble Nole

Hey everybody...

My son and I are looking for land to lease in the SE Georgia area for deer and turkey hunting next season. 

I am also interested in contact information that people may have of landowners or land managers that oversee tracts of land.  We mainly bow hunt and are looking for a smallish tract for just us but can bring on partners if a larger tract is available.  We live in Panama City FL and are interested in the following counties.  Worth, Lee, Dougherty, Baker, Mitchell, Colquitt, and or Calhoun. 

No real urgency but curious what is out there and I know it can take time to find what you want. 

Thanks
Greg

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gobble Nole

BTW

I should have said this before...

We are not against joining a quality club if it fits and I am really looking for next hunting season not the one coming up in a couple of weeks...

Just clarifying...

Gobble Nole

I have thought about contacting the AG extensions or property appraisers offices for contacts...  Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

Sixes

That is actually SW Ga and I wish you luck finding a lease. They are difficult to find and some of the highest lease prices per acre in the state.

Lots of plantations and big land holdings that are not leased because the owners do not want the headaches nor need teh money.

Some of the counties you listed are the top counties in the state, especially for deer, with Worth being #1. Locals hate outsiders and most of them keep their hunting success quiet.

If you are ever coming up 75, get off exit 99, go west on Hwy 300.  Go a few miles to SaltLick meat market and look at the local bucks hanging on the walls. They are huge

squidd