turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Youth Frame Calls on Thad's Hand Jig

Started by JDawg931, August 30, 2022, 01:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDawg931

Does anyone here have experience building youth frame mouth calls with crowned adhesive frames using Thad's hand jig that doesn't mind sharing some tips regarding tension ranges? I have tried stretching 3 reed calls to what I consider to be low, medium, and high tension (anywhere from .150 up to .275), but cannot get a consistent sound and am having trouble with the lower stretched calls still being higher pitched at times due to the reeds sticking in the frame. Are you stretching youth frames about the same as adult frames or a lesser stretch overall? Thanks in advance for the help!

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: JDawg931 on August 30, 2022, 01:47:03 PM
Does anyone here have experience building youth frame mouth calls with crowned adhesive frames using Thad's hand jig that doesn't mind sharing some tips regarding tension ranges? I have tried stretching 3 reed calls to what I consider to be low, medium, and high tension (anywhere from .150 up to .275), but cannot get a consistent sound and am having trouble with the lower stretched calls still being higher pitched at times due to the reeds sticking in the frame. Are you stretching youth frames about the same as adult frames or a lesser stretch overall? Thanks in advance for the help!
I stretch mine about 3/4 of what I would do on adult calls.

Your choice in latex will make a big difference in all of these situations.

My advice would be to experiment and log down what you did. So when you get a sound you like, you can refer back to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk