turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help in Pennsylvania

Started by Southernson13, August 13, 2022, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

I will be in fort  Indiantown Gap for a military school this coming spring. I will likely only have one weekend to work with so going to try to maximize my chances. Any folks out there that might would be willing to help me out or at least get me started in the right direction? Not sure yet on mileage restriction. Anything would be appreciated. I don't mind doing the work but hate to try and strike out with limited time and be in an area that doesn't have birds. I could even facilitate a guided trip in Alabama if one was interested.

EZ

Can you hunt on the IG property? I know there used to be a good number of birds there. Also, there's Gamelands 211 to the Northwest. It is huge and rough, but it also "used" to have birds. I haven't been there for a while.

Turkeybutt

Southernson13 this might help you. I know they did allow people to hunt on the Fort Indiantwon Gap complex but i don't know if that option is still available.
Good Luck!

Fort Indiantown Gap Information Numbers
CONTACT INFORMATION

Range Operations Building 11-9
Phone 717-861-2152 or 2153 Call for all access/safety concerns

Fort Indiantown Gap Police Building 7-05
Phone 717-861-2727 All emergencies

Wildlife Office
Nick Hoffman Outdoor Recreation Manager Building#26-151 
Call 717-861-2663 or E Mail RA-MVORP@pa.gov

Public Affairs Office Building 8-41
Phone 717-861-8468
Fish and Game Conservation Club Building 13-4
Phone _NA
E Mail Facebook page
Training Area Availability
Phone 855-522-2068
E Mail - ftig.isportsman.net

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ftindiantowngap/

Southernson13

Quote from: EZ on August 14, 2022, 09:28:17 AM
Can you hunt on the IG property? I know there used to be a good number of birds there. Also, there's Gamelands 211 to the Northwest. It is huge and rough, but it also "used" to have birds. I haven't been there for a while.

It I'd unclear at this time if ftig lands are allowed. I was told by a coworker he was under the impression that when he went it was for PA NG soldiers only

Jim K

You can hunt the gap. My buddy's been hunting it for years. Some areas are closed at certain times due to training but there are a fair amount of birds there......hunters too but that's everywhere in PA.

Southernson13

Good to know. I will definitely look into that as an option. Like I said I'm not sure what our travel restrictions will be at that point but I don't mind doing some driving to get to better areas if that's what it takes. My travel is already paid for up there so I'm really trying to exhaust any effort to scratch PA and possibly NY off my list if we aren't limited so many miles from post.

southpaw

I am a little over 100 miles north of there. Private property but the neighbors have let some people hunt on their land. So far they seem to stay put. If interested let me know.