OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Waldrop PacSeat

Started by Waldropco, August 03, 2022, 08:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Again,...just offering constructive suggestions on how to improve on the product to appeal to a wider customer base. 

It is promoted as being able to carry 150 pounds.  Note: There is a major difference between carrying a twenty pound turkey out of the woods, regardless of the distance, than there is in carrying fifty-plus pounds or more of gear or meat from a big game animal.  Simply stated, to be used as a pack frame for carrying any significant amount of weight (as it is being promoted as), the shoulder strap system is totally inadequate, and there needs to be a padded waist belt added. 

If the company wants to sell this product as promoted, they need to cover all the bases that will be obvious to the knowledgeable consumer.  To me, the most obvious is the strap system.  ...Just constructive advice,...take it,...or leave it.   :icon_thumright: :)

Waldropco

Thank you for the constructive suggestions! However, We have clients that have had the seat for 20 years hunting everything from Elk to Deer to Turkey to Wild Bore. The seat packs out fine and have never had any complaints on the comfort or the straps, seat or any other area of the seat. I would hope that there would have been some experiance with the seat before there is such criticism. These seats are Made In the USA 100% and we offer a lifetime guarantee on them. Good luck finding that on Amazon products made in China! If your looking for something that will last, we have the PacSeat, if your looking for some disposable seats, then keep buying the china made equipment.

NCL

I think the comment about trying the seat has validity but also poses a problem. How can you try the seat unless you but it? I would not want to spend $300.00 to test the product. Do you offer a return policy?

Waldropco

We offer a 100% Guarantee on the seat. If you can honestly relay that you are completely not satisfied with the seat, you may return the seat in the same condition you recieved it and we will refund 100%. However, if find that the seat is as described and to your satisfaction,  I would ask that you convey that on the forum.

jhoward11

My wife once ask me for my thoughts on something. I told her and she got mad and started arguing with me.  I told her to NOT ASK FOR MY THOUGHTS IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS ARGUE.

Trumpetyelper

Quote from: jhoward11 on August 05, 2022, 02:34:27 PM
My wife once ask me for my thoughts on something. I told her and she got mad and started arguing with me.  I told her to NOT ASK FOR MY THOUGHTS IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS ARGUE.

I think there is some comprehension issue in your reading of the initial message.... " We would love any feed back you have on your experience with the PacSeat".  YOUR EXPERIENCE.... Why would someone ask for feedback from peeps that haven't held, sat in, or hunted with a product.. On top of that the criticism has been primarily price which has been totally subjective... I have spent more on a Tenzing vest that turned out to be garbage... Just seems like folks that don't want to pay the price trying to find a reason to bash a great US made product..

Trumpetyelper

I'll never understand folks that make initial posts with an exciting new product be a negative comment, and I hope it doesn't happen to them frequently in their life or ventures... The gentleman that hand makes these is a salt of the earth dude, and I feel genuinely bad for the direction this thread started.. It was unnecessary, but I guess there is that old saying "There's no such thing as bad publicity" :funnyturkey:

dah

I guess I am having a hard time understanding some folks also as mentioned above , and maybe I also have a comprehension problem .
I am trying to comprehend someone with just five post using this board as free advertisement and unable to handle constructive criticism from someone with almost 5,000 post on this board and has not used it for personal gain since I started following this forum .
To say you cant make some deductions about a product just by visual observation of a picture is untrue . Of all places to make such a comment is on this site where we buy , sell , trade turkey calls on here with just pictures of the call .Have you ever bought on e-bay or Amazon ? Can someone who has been hunting all their life not be able to make a determination on , oh lets say a deer stand by looking at it or does it have to be strapped on a tree and you sitting in it .
  If one understood this site they would know there is a product review category or miscellaneous classified for such things . But that wouldn't get the same amount of hits would it?
Maybe your post number six can contribute to the forum rather than try to profit .
  Also , I prefer to buy American , But we export and depend selling our grain , beef , oil , planes etc abroad . This is a world market . Saying repeatably made in America is not a absolute that someone buy your product .
Finally . I didn't carry 19 birds out this year , but I can carry them out in my vest just fine .

Trumpetyelper

Quote from: dah on August 05, 2022, 09:00:25 PM
  I guess I am having a hard time understanding some folks also as mentioned above , and maybe I also have a comprehension problem .
I am trying to comprehend someone with just five post using this board as free advertisement and unable to handle constructive criticism from someone with almost 5,000 post on this board and has not used it for personal gain since I started following this forum .
To say you cant make some deductions about a product just by visual observation of a picture is untrue . Of all places to make such a comment is on this site where we buy , sell , trade turkey calls on here with just pictures of the call .Have you ever bought on e-bay or Amazon ? Can someone who has been hunting all their life not be able to make a determination on , oh lets say a deer stand by looking at it or does it have to be strapped on a tree and you sitting in it .
  If one understood this site they would know there is a product review category or miscellaneous classified for such things . But that wouldn't get the same amount of hits would it?
Maybe your post number six can contribute to the forum rather than try to profit .
  Also , I prefer to buy American , But we export and depend selling our grain , beef , oil , planes etc abroad . This is a world market . Saying repeatably made in America is not a absolute that someone buy your product .
Finally . I didn't carry 19 birds out this year , but I can carry them out in my vest just fine .

I think that some suggestions are definitely one thing, but I absolutely disagree with folks taking digs, suggesting its flimsy, and making negative comments.. under your premise we should be harder and shittier to new members trying to show their product.. So because they have 5 posts and another has 5000 they should give pricing advice and make derogatory comments about a product..    Gobblenut suggested adding a waist belt... which the chair already has, and I literally cut mine off day 1 because I didn't need it on the chair.  I guess if I had a question about the integrity of the straps I might ask: anyone have any feedback on the straps or photos of the chair being utilized carrying a bird out.  I wouldn't call something totally inadequate..That's disrespectful.  For that type of language I would expect someone to have put hands on the product. Also I think it's common sense that people probably won't be carrying out 150lb loads with a turkey chair. It just seems sad to me that this forum seems to represent more negativity at times than really is necessary.. . These gents simply wanted to show off their chair which is really neat.. I've spoke with the guy building this I can promise you this isn't a get rich scheme by any accounts.  Just a good ole boy that love his invention and is sharing it with the world trying to get buy. Lastly the made in American comment isn't made to degrade those doing business overseas...The company I work for does business overseas, and my family has several adopted children from China and Korea.  It was a reference to peoples cost assessment.  It's widely understood that USA hand made products are typically more expensive than overseas or knockoff products. Rising tides raise all ships.  I guess im just surprised at the reception..

jmck

For someone bringing a product to market, there is nothing better than feedback. As I said in my previous post, I bought one.I've got different folding chairs that I occasionally use at times when I know I'm going to stay stationary. For me, the compact folders are restrictive to move in. I can't turn when a bird comes in from the sides- the are bulky and awkward to carry also. I decide to try this Pack Seat, and it provided extreme comfort and the free ability to turn in your set up easily in the moment. It's the perfect height. The ease of strapping gear to the frame is a advantage too. And the comfort this char provides is unmatched! The first hunt I took it on I was on the phone telling friends about this unique product. I see the owner of the company in this thread, and I'm sure he's taking all the suggestions into account- that a good thing. He's got something that is unique and has a place in the market. As more people are exposed to this chair with trying it , people will see the benefits and quality it is. Glad to see a Veteran making a place in the market and wish him the best with this cool product !!! 

Spring Creek Calls

I truly hope for the best outcome in this veterans venture into the turkey hunting chair market. If this chair was $100 I'd try one just for the US veteran aspect. But the picture does not display a chair worth $300, in my opinion.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Waldropco

First, let me say that my post was never meant to cause such discourse.  Rather to provide you with info about a great product, proven product that has been made for roughly 20 years. It has a proven record and I'm am sorry for everyone that has commented so negatively will not experience the produ t. I am also on other forums such as TradGang and never have I been so Lambasted as I have here. My only motivation was to make you aware of the seat. Buy it, don't buy it. I am perfectly fine with criticism but to criticize a product you've never seen or used seems a bit lopsided. Happy Hunting!

GobbleNut

Quote from: Waldropco on August 06, 2022, 05:02:23 PM
First, let me say that my post was never meant to cause such discourse.  Rather to provide you with info about a great product, proven product that has been made for roughly 20 years. It has a proven record and I'm am sorry for everyone that has commented so negatively will not experience the produ t. I am also on other forums such as TradGang and never have I been so Lambasted as I have here. My only motivation was to make you aware of the seat. Buy it, don't buy it. I am perfectly fine with criticism but to criticize a product you've never seen or used seems a bit lopsided. Happy Hunting!

I will, in return, state that I also never meant to cause any backlash regarding my comments on your product.  I apparently misinterpreted your original post as a request for comments on the product as based on the pictures, and more specifically, how it might be improved upon as per your quote "We would love any feed back."  Well, I gave you my honest feedback,...clearly prefaced as being "constructive suggestions",..and with no intention of "lambasting" anybody in the process.  From my personal standpoint, sorry things got turned sideways.  There was no intention of doing so.  I am sure most others that commented here feel the same.  Carry on...    :icon_thumright: :)

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on August 06, 2022, 06:53:56 PM

I will, in return, state that I also never meant to cause any backlash regarding my comments on your product.  I apparently misinterpreted your original post as a request for comments on the product as based on the pictures, and more specifically, how it might be improved upon as per your quote "We would love any feed back."  Well, I gave you my honest feedback,...clearly prefaced as being "constructive suggestions",..and with no intention of "lambasting" anybody in the process.  From my personal standpoint, sorry things got turned sideways.  There was no intention of doing so.  I am sure most others that commented here feel the same.  Carry on...    :icon_thumright: :)
Trouble maker :TooFunny:

Waldrop PacSeat?   Aren't you right down the road from T&S in Columbus?   I think I've seen your place. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on August 06, 2022, 07:03:33 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on August 06, 2022, 06:53:56 PM

Trouble maker :TooFunny:

;D  No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to keep myself out of trouble around here!  (And a certain someone is always just waiting for the chance to point it out)   :TooFunny: :angel9: