Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Reflex Sight Recommendation for 870 Youth 20?

Started by BDeal, July 30, 2022, 11:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Hi All-

I'm looking to surprise my son with a reflex sight for his 870 Youth 20 Gauge. Any recommendations?

Thank You!

ol bob

Used a fastfire111 on a mossburg 12 ga, over 4 years no problems.

lunghit

Another vote for the Fastfire 3. I now have two and they are perfect.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

BDeal

Would you guys recommend the 3MOA or 8 MOA dot and why? Sorry I'm new to Reflex sights.

Thanks!!

tracker#1

Burriss fast fire 3 or Vortex Venom, 3 moa. 8 is too giant IMO. You might want to check out the new fast-fire 4 also

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Quote from: lunghit on July 30, 2022, 12:53:51 PM
Another vote for the Fastfire 3. I now have two and they are perfect.

x2

Also I would go with the 3MOA

MossyOak92

Vortex venom or fast fire. They are basically the same. 3 moa 8 covers up to much.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Boykin Hollow

my vote is burris fastfire 3 with the 3 moa.  I only have three of them

Stoeger_bird

Bought a swampfox kingslayer for my wife's O/U 20 guage last year and have been really pleased with it.
T.W.D.W.D.

Big Jeremy

Any of the three mentioned will do fine...my vote, mainly for ease of access to the battery, is the Swampfox Kingslayer. Mine has performed flawlessly.

Mossberg90MN

Vortex venom all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstocks

I've had or used venom, ff2, ff3, and Swampfox Justice. Honestly I like the Justice because of the size. Any of them would work, and I'd buy based on price alone between those. Also, Nikon Spur, but it has been discontinued.

Honestly, as long as it's a reflex sight, and from a trusted brand....unless you want a green option (I prefer the green reflex)....I'd go somewhere that has a number of them in stock and look through them to make sure the dot is crisp.

You if battery access is a feature you want to consider, then ff2 wouldn't be a fit because you have to take the sight off.

Now, if money is no object....and you just want the best sight picture with hardly any reflection from the front side....I just purchased an Eotech.

Also, the tube sights like the Bushnell 26 would definitely be my consideration for a budget sight that has a good brand behind it and a nice field of view but is a lot more protected from
The reflex type.

BDeal

You dont need to remove the sight to change the battery on a FF3 correct?

tak

Quote from: Stoeger_bird on August 01, 2022, 08:42:58 AM
Bought a swampfox kingslayer for my wife's O/U 20 guage last year and have been really pleased with it.
I am also looking to install a Swampfox Kingslayer on my grandsons' 870 compact with a meadow creek rib mount. Does anyone have have a recommendation between the red dot, red circle, or green circle? I use open sights so I have no useful first hand knowledge. Thanks for the help.

Greg Massey

Quote from: tak on August 09, 2022, 11:15:16 AM
Quote from: Stoeger_bird on August 01, 2022, 08:42:58 AM
I am also looking to install a Swampfox Kingslayer on my grandsons' 870 compact with a meadow creek rib mount. Does anyone have have a recommendation between the red dot, red circle, or green circle? I use open sights so I have no useful first hand knowledge. Thanks for the help.
I have 2 of the Kingslayers and both are the green circle dots ... I would get the green circle dot, easier to see etc...