OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The rut is on !!!!!

Started by Yoder409, June 05, 2022, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

The bear rut, that is.

Caught this BIG boy out cruising around looking for an early sow.

Lousy cell phone pics taken at a distance.  But he'd likely be a bear of a lifetime for whoever would shoot him.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

You offering to guide the hunt?  Cause I can be there by Wednesday.   :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bear hunter

Really nice bear and pics.

Yoder409

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 05, 2022, 11:09:18 PM
You offering to guide the hunt?  Cause I can be there by Wednesday.   :TooFunny:

You'll only be about 6 months early for season, but, hey................   I can get you set up right there and you can wait.   Probably wanna pack a lunch.

:icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

That far out of season the game wardens won't even suspect a thing! :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dtrkyman

Yoder409

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 06, 2022, 10:34:46 AM
That far out of season the game wardens won't even suspect a thing! :toothy12:

And hunting pressure/competition is really light.     :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Quote from: Dtrkyman on June 06, 2022, 11:44:31 AM
That bear is a toad!

He's a nice one.  Yep.

But bear in mind (pun intentional)............ PA produces some of the biggest blackies in the nation.  I shot one a good many years back that was 200+pounds bigger than the one in the pic.   And the following spring I got trailcam pics of one that was bigger than the one I shot.   A short season combined with no baiting, no hounds and LOTS of corn and soybeans to eat makes for some BIG old boars. 
PA elitist since 1979