OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I treated myself

Started by ChesterCopperpot, June 02, 2022, 11:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

That's a fine looking old school gun with the old style scope ....congrats on treating yourself....

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on June 02, 2022, 11:20:03 AM
Awsome gun! What caliber? I have an old scope I need to get refurbished thats on my grandfather's favorite rifle he handed down to me. First scope he ever bought. Its a fixed 4 power as well with the same mounts. Last time I took it hunting I really struggled to pick up my target in low light and it's pretty cloudy.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Happy i have the last deer rifle my dad bought and it's Browning Belgium 30-06 and it has the old school Weaver 4 power scope with the old style weaver mounts ...  That's a nice rifle you have now ...

WV Flopper

Very nice treat. Good for you!

ncturkey

Cowboy

I like it. I like it alot! Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

Went and tried a couple different loads yesterday (some 150gr Hornady custom loads, some 150gr Underwood, some 180gr Winchester Super X, and some 180gr Federal Power Shok). Shot the 180gr best. The Winchester shot the best group with a 0.75" three shot group at 100yds. The Federal shot well too with a 1.25" group at 100yds. That fixed four isn't meant for detail work really so I was just wanting to get in the ballpark. Wanting it to be a 100 and under gun with the 50 and under being most likely what I'll encounter. Was really impressed with how it shot, how well it shouldered, and how easy it was to get on target with that German post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishr64

Very cool and beautiful rifle you have!!