News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rangefinders

Started by Sir-diealot, June 02, 2022, 09:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 03, 2022, 06:44:38 AM
I use this model and it has served me well.

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-Kilo1000BDX-Monocular-SOK10602/dp/B07W68QQGW
That's the one I use as well. Got it on a real good sale from Bass Pro years ago. It's been a great product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on June 02, 2022, 11:35:58 PM
Steve Vortex Customer Service is great!
I lost the rubber lens cover off my Vortex Venom Red Dot and I gave them a call to buy a replacement cover. They sent me two replacement covers plus a Vortex hat and Tee shirt at no charge..
Additionally I had a Vortex range finder that somehow was missing a screw. The screw wasn't anything that compromised the range finder in anyway. it was just one of two or three screws that held the belt clip on. I called Vortex to get a screw and was told they would have a new range finder in the mail to me at no charge and when I received it to ship the one missing the screw back to them.
Very friendly, very helpful and always understanding. Great people to do business with!
Thank you much, very good to hear about the Customer Service. When it gets closer to the time I will buy I am going to have to go handle a few, my hands can be odd because of my car accidents, I have a hard time being comfortable with some things in my hands.

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on June 03, 2022, 12:33:04 AM
I would also like to mention I am brand partial to Vortex. But after comparing this Leupold to the competing Vortex models, I had to go with this one.

Thanks that is one that is in a shop here locally, for 199.99 Can you tell me if the is illuminated as all or can you push a button to illuminate it? Thank you.

Thanks much bud, I will add it to the list.

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on June 03, 2022, 06:47:29 AM

That's the one I use as well. Got it on a real good sale from Bass Pro years ago. It's been a great product.

Glad to hear that. So much research to do.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mossberg90MN

Yes it is illuminated

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on June 03, 2022, 09:32:51 AM
Yes it is illuminated

Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Dtrkyman

For turkey hunting get the cheapest Vortex they make, their warranty is second to none, and pricing is good as well.

WildTigerTrout

I don't know about the quality now but I have a Bushnell  " Yardage Pro " that is 22 years old and works great.  I thought about buying a new one but then reconsidered as this one still works just fine. IIRC this was the first small compact rangefinder on the market.  It does not have have all the features of new models but hey, it measures distance accurately and it's pretty compact too.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Dtrkyman on June 03, 2022, 01:38:43 PM
For turkey hunting get the cheapest Vortex they make, their warranty is second to none, and pricing is good as well.
When I get one it'll be my all-around rangefinder, but I have to do Turkey archery and rifle so I don't mind spending a little bit more for a bit more quality. That's not to say that the vortex you mentioned doesn't have all that I'm just not familiar with the brand is all, though I have seen quite a few of you guys mentioned them on here.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on June 03, 2022, 03:33:25 PM
  I don't know about the quality now but I have a Bushnell  " Yardage Pro " that is 22 years old and works great.  I thought about buying a new one but then reconsidered as this one still works just fine. IIRC this was the first small compact rangefinder on the market.  It does not have have all the features of new models but hey, it measures distance accurately and it's pretty compact too.
It's not broken don't fix it.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Happy

I hate to admit this but I still have one of those old time spin the dial until the 2 images become one rangefinders. Haven't used it in years. Have a Leopold i use occasionally but hardly ever carry it turkey hunting.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on June 03, 2022, 03:59:27 PM
I hate to admit this but I still have one of those old time spin the dial until the 2 images become one rangefinders. Haven't used it in years. Have a Leopold i use occasionally but hardly ever carry it turkey hunting.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I remember seeing those, I think the cave men carried them!

John Koenig:

NCL

I would second looking to the used market. I picked up a Zeiss a few years ago from a hunting site in the price range you mentioned. With Fall just around the corner I would think range finder will start showing up on hunting classifieds

ragin-cajun

stay away from leupold. short warranty and the led display eventually goes.
haven't used one but Vortex must be considered w warranty. if you want one of the best w/ a warranty look at Leica. thats my next purchase.
Wild Turkey