turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Book Search

Started by Ranger, June 02, 2022, 07:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

Someone had a picture of a call on here the other day on top of a book with turkey diagrams and illustrations. Wing feather diagrams I think is what was on it. Can't find the picture and wondering if anyone if someone can steer me in the right direction as to what the book was....  Thanks guys
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Tail Feathers

I don't remember seeing that photo but bump to the top.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Ranger

The page it was open on had diagrams of turkey wings with Primary feathers isolated in their own diagram if I remember right
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

GobbleGitr

Ranger I think you identified it...Illumination In the Flatwoods by Joe Hutto.  He did a great job illustrating book himself, including that wing diagram

Sir-diealot

Quote from: GobbleGitr on June 02, 2022, 12:06:11 PM
Ranger I think you identified it...Illumination In the Flatwoods by Joe Hutto.  He did a great job illustrating book himself, including that wing diagram
That's on my list, there seems to be at least 2 versions of it blue and red are how I have seen it, not sure of the difference between them though. DVD is well worth the watch as well

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobbleGitr

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2022, 12:30:13 PM
That's on my list, there seems to be at least 2 versions of it blue and red are how I have seen it, not sure of the difference between them though. DVD is well worth the watch as well

The original printing was in 1995 and is a hardback with a dust jacket...a collectible!  There has since been 4 other printings/editions so far...all paperback.  There is also another book called "When I Was a Turkey" which was done as a companion book to the PBS Nature special you mention on DVD "My Life as a Turkey."  That, too, is a good and easy read (targets kids 9-14yrs old). 

ChesterCopperpot

If it looked like this, Joe Hutto's Illumination Of The Flatwoods. I think I took and posted a picture of a call on top of it once, but if so it was an older thread. Wasn't anything recent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

I've always wondered if there is a way to tell the different in a hen/gobbler primary and secondary wing feathers..Seems to be the most found in the woods threw the year

Tail Feathers

Y'all costing me money.  Just ordered a copy of the book.  Stop that!  :)
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dtrkyman

I've got that book, now I gotta find it, don't remember that in there?

Fantastic read!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: GobbleGitr on June 02, 2022, 12:43:23 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2022, 12:30:13 PM

The original printing was in 1995 and is a hardback with a dust jacket...a collectible!  There has since been 4 other printings/editions so far...all paperback.  There is also another book called "When I Was a Turkey" which was done as a companion book to the PBS Nature special you mention on DVD "My Life as a Turkey."  That, too, is a good and easy read (targets kids 9-14yrs old).
Thank you for that information. I found the other you mentioned "When I Was a Turkey" last night when trying to figure out the difference between the books. I will have to add it to the list. Well actually I already have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."