OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What new toys do you want for next season?

Started by lunghit, May 22, 2022, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Gobbie

A Jetboil MiniMo stove and a bucket of freeze dried meals!

Proverbs  3: 5-6

Turkeybutt

Now that I given it some thought I might look into a light weight comfortable chair so my time in the woods is more pleasurable.

lunghit

Quote from: Turkeybutt on May 24, 2022, 03:40:01 PM
Now that I given it some thought I might look into a light weight comfortable chair so my time in the woods is more pleasurable.
I couldn't imagine using a vest cushion again. My Browning chair makes sits so much more enjoyable and I can sit longer and without moving so much. Plus my body doesn't creak and crack when getting up from a nice chair. If you get a lounger style chair make yourself some nice backpack straps for it. It makes a huge difference.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Kylongspur88

Just replacing old worn out stuff at this point. Probably a new pair of much boots

mountainhunter1

Quote from: eddie234 on May 22, 2022, 01:33:31 PM
Getting me a Glenda Green satchel,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Trust me, you will not regret it if you do! 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

tak

I already got my Glenda Green seat cushion (to be be used for squirrel hunting, too). Tom Osmer tube call is in the works.

Tail Feathers

My season is over.  Still thinking turkey and just ordered a Mossberg SA 20 and a Carlson's choke for it. 
Now I'll be red dot shopping before next spring.
Anyone got a real light sling they like a lot and recommend?  I have some CLAW slings, looking for something lighter for a real lightweight rig.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RED NECK

5 weeks vacation and a few new shotguns, but vacation is what I want from Santa for next spring.I am interested to see if Remington brings out some new turkey guns in the next year.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

hoythunter

Tail Feathers I use the Limbsaver Kodiak Air sling on my SA-20. I don't know if it's any lighter than the claw but it feels less bulky to me. Your going to love your new new gun it's a real shooter and a pleasure to carry.

Cut N Run

What I need the most is new land to hunt.  My primary hunting areas are a couple of small horse farms about a mile apart. I usually take one bird off each property. Over the past 2 years I've been shut out.  I hunted 50+ hours between the two this Spring and only saw one hen the entire season.  I did not hear a gobble on either property.  Come to find out that one of the farms between the two I hunt put in a couple of big food plots, which draw birds from a wide area.  I heard four lone shots from that area during the course of the season, while I never got to take the safety off.  What used to be a consistently good place to hunt is simply no longer occupied by turkeys.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Cowboy

Quote from: Cut N Run on May 26, 2022, 07:26:33 AM
What I need the most is new land to hunt.  My primary hunting areas are a couple of small horse farms about a mile apart. I usually take one bird off each property. Over the past 2 years I've been shut out.  I hunted 50+ hours between the two this Spring and only saw one hen the entire season.  I did not hear a gobble on either property.  Come to find out that one of the farms between the two I hunt put in a couple of big food plots, which draw birds from a wide area.  I heard four lone shots from that area during the course of the season, while I never got to take the safety off.  What used to be a consistently good place to hunt is simply no longer occupied by turkeys.

Jim
Same thing happened with me at one of my spots this season.  Small piece of public around 150 acres. Surrounded by private property.  One gate. Hard climb right from the gate. Anyways I've taken a gobbler 3 years in a row since I found it until this season. A retired guy across the main highway has been working hard on his farm for wildlife last year.  He's got the time, money, and acres to do it. Dont fault him at all, nice guy, but definitely changed things for me. All the gobblers were across the road.  It happens. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cowboy

I also need some new binoculars. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Quote from: hoythunter on May 26, 2022, 04:33:55 AM
Tail Feathers I use the Limbsaver Kodiak Air sling on my SA-20. I don't know if it's any lighter than the claw but it feels less bulky to me. Your going to love your new new gun it's a real shooter and a pleasure to carry.
Thanks, I'll look into that one.  I'm excited to get this gun in hand.  It will be quite a bit lighter than what I've been using.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

GobbleNut

What I really need is a big, sturdy box to put all the turkey hunting crap I have accumulated over the years that I never use into!  ...Actually, it will probably take a few "big, sturdy boxes"...   ;D ::)