OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What new toys do you want for next season?

Started by lunghit, May 22, 2022, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

310 gauge

Can't really think of anything I really need for 2023, but if I can get back to UNICOI next year I'm sure to find plenty I'll want!

mcw3734

New jacket, and possibly pants, in ASAT camo.

Gooserbat

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 22, 2022, 03:37:16 PM
T-Rex north mountain gear makes a good one.

X2

I'm probably going to be looking for a new vest.  Mine is 10 seasons old and showing some wear.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Turkeybutt

I don't think I need anything but when the time comes and you start to looking around it's always I need this or that might or would work. Who knows after this season's inventory what I might need to replace.
Better hunting experience's through aggressive spending!

hoythunter

I'm thinking about a alps grand slam vest. Would also like to try a trumpet call.

Howie g

Sungrazer

Yildiz youth model 20ga. Over/under
Wish it could be a 28 but Illinois regs are stuck in the dark ages

rakkin6

Quote from: Howie g on May 23, 2022, 07:18:17 AM
Back surgery
I had spinal decompression surgery for my sciatic nerves. Get it ASAP or any type of back surgery and do the P.T.  If you want to hunt this year don't put it off.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

BDeal

I might get a new vest. I bought the Alps Elite 4.0 this year and although I don't hate it, I definitely don't love it either. To get the right fit in the shoulders it is too big around the waist and the striker pockets absolutely suck. They are on the inside so any sweat/condenstaion is held right net to them and I have had some fall out multiple times so I don't even use the pockets that are designated for strikers.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

the Ward

Turkeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunghit

Quote from: BDeal on May 23, 2022, 01:24:28 PM
I might get a new vest. I bought the Alps Elite 4.0 this year and although I don't hate it, I definitely don't love it either. To get the right fit in the shoulders it is too big around the waist and the striker pockets absolutely suck. They are on the inside so any sweat/condenstaion is held right net to them and I have had some fall out multiple times so I don't even use the pockets that are designated for strikers.
I have the Nomad Killing Time vest and I love it. But this morning I went with just my Monster Fanny pack and it was actually very nice without a vest. Might just use a pack in the future
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

NY Short Spurs

Well I have shot an H&R 12 single and I started with the 20 gauge model that has the mod barrel. I have also shot them with my 870 12 gauge and my Franchi 12 gauge, but I just love carrying single shots.

So, with that being said I am looking at a 301 in 20 gauge. I do not like the Red dot that comes with it for the package, looks so bulky up there. I am looking at reflexes to pair with it as well.

I suppose I am a touch late to the TSS game as well as I have never used any, so I have been doing some research on the different brands...any info on the Boss Shotshell Tom in 7 or 9 would be awesome!

Maybe a new Bottomlands top, we will see.
The Season May End, But the Journey Does Not

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 22, 2022, 10:59:09 PM
Nothing.
I wish I felt like this, I really don't need anymore but...... I have my eye on more turkey calls, of all types really I have an addiction. I have Josh Farley making me a few scratchboxes padauk with butternut soundboard and a black walnut with poplar soundboard, that I'm excited to get. I have two trumpets and I am learning to use them so that might also be a call or two I end up ordering in the off-season as well as who knows what.