Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What new toys do you want for next season?

Started by lunghit, May 22, 2022, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 22, 2022, 03:31:15 PM
A OG push/pull!
Yeah I know Shannon makes a good one, last I heard though he has a long, long wait list right now. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 22, 2022, 03:37:16 PM
T-Rex north mountain gear makes a good one.
^^^^This^^^

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

I have a north mountain leafy suit for early and late season. one in obsession and one in break up country for the early season. No issues have had them both about 5 years now. Once the weather warms up I just wear a pair of OD green doctors scrubs under mine. I am retired from the Army and they sell them on base at Fort Campbell. I have some scrubs in the BDU woodland pattern also.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: rakkin6 on May 22, 2022, 03:41:34 PM
^^^^This^^^

I went to purchase on there page and there sold out /:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

rakkin6

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 22, 2022, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: rakkin6 on May 22, 2022, 03:41:34 PM
^^^^This^^^

I went to purchase on there page and there sold out /:
These are pretty good also, my buddy has one mad really likes it.

https://www.leafysuits.com/product/leafy-suits/

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

sswv

I've carried an 870 spring gobbler hunting for more years than I care to mention but, I'm thinking a single shot Stevens 301 for next season. I'm older and more wore out and a lighter gun is in my future. I'm thinking 12ga but hear lot's of good things about their 20ga. I have a set of identical twin 870's in 12 & 20 and honestly the 20ga can hold it's own.  I've got several months to figure it out.

rakkin6

Quote from: sswv on May 22, 2022, 04:13:29 PM
I've carried an 870 spring gobbler hunting for more years than I care to mention but, I'm thinking a single shot Stevens 301 for next season. I'm older and more wore out and a lighter gun is in my future. I'm thinking 12ga but hear lot's of good things about their 20ga. I have a set of identical twin 870's in 12 & 20 and honestly the 20ga can hold it's own.  I've got several months to figure it out.
I think the Stevens shoot pretty good, but I am opting for a semi in 20 gauge. Just my personal preference but I like a quicker follow up shot is needed. So far I have not needed one with a shotgun. But I know once I switch to a single shot I will need one.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Happy

Probably a new pair of boots and maybe try to find the perfect pair of turkey hunting pants. However I may just modify some of the ones I have. I am sure they will reflect my sense of "High Fashion" adequately

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Paulmyr

Waterproof boots. The new this year Redwing vaprtrek snake boots aren't even water repellent after 4 weekend trips. What a joke. Sucks putting your warm feet in wet boots when it's 40 degrees.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

3bailey3

Happy I love my Kuiu pants, they are expensive, but they fit like a pair of pants should.

Happy

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 22, 2022, 05:33:33 PM
Happy I love my Kuiu pants, they are expensive, but they fit like a pair of pants should.
Will give them a look. My main gripe is that all mine rip or the material is too noisy. I hate nylon on any hunting clothes. I bought a turkey vest this year that is that way. Love the fit and layout but the material is probably gonna make me give it away.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Master Gobbie

E bike!!!

I did my homework this season and believe it will be extremely useful, practical and wasn't it any sketchy areas where I thought it'd get stolen, so I'm goin for it!
Proverbs  3: 5-6

Wigsplitter

Stock up on Tss- I'm down to 4 boxes!! Maybe a few hooks diaphragms-

Sir-diealot

A cow horn call, a Jolly Scratch Tube and a better camera lens. Oh and some boots that actually fit right.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

Some waterproof snake boots.  Mine got me wet several times this year. They only have 2 seasons on them. Thought about getting my Remington 20 gauge youth model dipped in Mossy Oak during the off season as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk