OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What new toys do you want for next season?

Started by lunghit, May 22, 2022, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

What's on your equipment want list for next turkey season? I am going to buy a David Halloran ceramic pot call. Might check out the Mossberg Pro turkey if they make a 20 GA. What about you guys?
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Tail Feathers

I'm always on the lookout for a better tool/toy for turkey hunting.  The perfect seating eludes me but I have several options already.
The perfect turkey gun isn't in my safe yet, but I have my eyes open for it.  More ammo, a new red dot and the perfect call are on my list of wants before next spring.  I hope to make that call myself tho.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

rakkin6

Started shooting TSS  a few years ago out of my 12 gauges. Going to buy myself a 20 gauge this offseason. Looking at getting the Benelli M2, I want a semi auto. Currently I have 2 pump action guns. Other than that I am looking at getting a quality push pin box (any recommendations from you guys is appreciated when it comes to a pushpin.) Bought my first tube call from Tom Osmer this past year, didn't really get good enough with it to carry in the woods before the season started though. But by next year I should be good to go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

eddie234

Getting me a Glenda Green satchel,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hoytboy247

a dave smith 3/4 strut jake and maybe a red dot for my .410

lunghit

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 22, 2022, 12:37:59 PM
I'm always on the lookout for a better tool/toy for turkey hunting.  The perfect seating eludes me but I have several options already.
The perfect turkey gun isn't in my safe yet, but I have my eyes open for it.  More ammo, a new red dot and the perfect call are on my list of wants before next spring.  I hope to make that call myself tho.
I love my Winchester's but I wish they had 22 or 24" Barrels and the ability to co-witness red dot and bead. The new Mossberg has these features but I just hope they have the reliability of my SX3 and SX4. If so they may be the perfect gun!

Seating has been tough to find. I just added a trail cam strap to my Browning Strutter chair and I can now wear it like a back pack and that same trail cam strap keeps it from opening while wearing it on my back. It was a real nice improvement.

lunghit

Quote from: rakkin6 on May 22, 2022, 01:21:10 PM
Started shooting TSS  a few years ago out of my 12 gauges. Going to buy myself a 20 gauge this offseason. Looking at getting the Benelli M2, I want a semi auto. Currently I have 2 pump action guns. Other than that I am looking at getting a quality push pin box (any recommendations from you guys is appreciated when it comes to a pushpin.) Bought my first tube call from Tom Osmer this past year, didn't really get good enough with it to carry in the woods before the season started though. But by next year I should be good to go.

NY will likely legalize number 9's so I am going to stock up on Apex TSS. I already have 4 boxes so lets hope this happens lol. I am a huge semi auto fan and the Benelli's have always been a big favoriye of mine.

lunghit

Quote from: eddie234 on May 22, 2022, 01:33:31 PM
Getting me a Glenda Green satchel,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just ordered 3 pot call cases from her. I might move away from the vest and her satchel will be what I look into.

lunghit

Quote from: Hoytboy247 on May 22, 2022, 01:40:23 PM
a dave smith 3/4 strut jake and maybe a red dot for my .410
Love my DSD 3/4 jake. It will be in the woods with me tomorrow!

rakkin6

Quote from: lunghit on May 22, 2022, 01:49:35 PM
Quote from: rakkin6 on May 22, 2022, 01:21:10 PM

NY will likely legalize number 9's so I am going to stock up on Apex TSS. I already have 4 boxes so lets hope this happens lol. I am a huge semi auto fan and the Benelli's have always been a big favoriye of mine.
There #9 are great, you may want to look at their small town blend also. I shoot the small town blend out of my Mossberg 835 and #9 out of my other gun.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

In the process now working with Glenda Green on a new satchel and  I ordered a matching set of calls from Harrison Custom Calls and just picking up some other calls before next season...

Dtrkyman

I was thinking a .410, but honestly would rather someone made a 3lb 20ga.

I started making wing bone calls so I have a bunch of new toys already!

3bailey3

TrackeySauresRex

I want to get a light weight green leafy suit. I haven't decided on which one to get.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

3bailey3

T-Rex north mountain gear makes a good one.