OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1st 20 gauge turkey in 23years

Started by Fastcat, May 18, 2022, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

Shot my first turkey with a 20 since I was 13.  same gun but it looks different now. Started life as a 26 inch express. I have a nicer 20 gauge is for bird hunting so this has just been sitting in the safe.  Traded the barrel for a 21" and replaced the stock with a camo factory youth set.  Carlsons Long beard choke tube. 

Note to Jake's.  Coming in gobbling 100 yards on the other side of a rise in sticking your head over at 31 yards is a good way to get Shot.

I only shot the set up once before I hunted. The target was shot 21 yards farther than we should mention.

b wilt

Fastcat

Thanks! We'll say after killing a dozen times with the 10 gauge BPS this thing is a dream to carry.  I got this gun when I was 12 after painting every shed on my parents property.

Ranman

Congrats. Since I have started turkey hunting with a 20ga, my 12ga has only been used a couple of times for ducks. I'm even starting to use my 20ga for that too.

Fastcat

I am leaning the same way.  I have a Browning Feather Lightning 20 on the way and I have a feeling my 12 O/U will be spending alot of time in the safe.