OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunter Magazine

Started by jb1069, May 16, 2022, 11:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb1069

I saw an advertisement for this magazine on Possum Fork Turkey calls Facebook. I tried the website it shows on the magazine but it does not work. I do not have facebook so I could not contact Possom Fork. Does anyone know a link for this subscription? Thanks

Cowboy

Not sure how old that ad is but I think they merged a long time ago with Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jb1069

runngun

That's it. I may be wrong but I think that it is issued every other month.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

callmakerman

They merged a number of years ago and then they stopped issuing Turkey& Turkey hunting a few years later. They would come out with 1 magazine in the spring for a few years till this year. I looked but could not find any, so I assume it's done. All that's left is the crap the NWTF puts out. Two of the best turkey hunting magazines ever put out are now gone.

Spring Creek Calls

This is a brand new magazine, no ties to the old products. I sent a PayPal payment to this address so I  imagine it's a viable email address.   vstover1976@gmail.com

Guys name is Gary Stover, really enjoyed issue #1.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: callmakerman on May 16, 2022, 01:12:42 PM
They merged a number of years ago and then they stopped issuing Turkey& Turkey hunting a few years later. They would come out with 1 magazine in the spring for a few years till this year. I looked but could not find any, so I assume it's done. All that's left is the crap the NWTF puts out. Two of the best turkey hunting magazines ever put out are now gone.
It's still published one time in the spring.  I found a copy before season in a local grocery store rack.  I used to subscribe and the magazine was a lot thicker then.  Not sure it was worth the $8 I paid for it.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

3bailey3

Spring creek can you give a link to the magazine.

callmakerman

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on May 16, 2022, 01:35:45 PM
This is a brand new magazine, no ties to the old products. I sent a PayPal payment to this address so I  imagine it's a viable email address.   vstover1976@gmail.com

Wasn't able to find any info on this. Hope it's true as we really need a good turkey magazine.

callmakerman

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on May 16, 2022, 07:57:06 PM
It's still published one time in the spring.  I found a copy before season in a local grocery store rack.  I used to subscribe and the magazine was a lot thicker then.  Not sure it was worth the $8 I paid for it.
Your right as I found one to buy. I kept looking for it to show up and never did see it anywhere for sale till now. I bought one and look forward to getting it.

Archivist13

Turkey and Turkey Hunting is definitely hard to find. The only place I can find it anymore is at the Books-A-Million. I realize this board and other places on the internet are great resources, but I do miss having a monthly magazine to get my glossy paged turkey fix.

Cowboy

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on May 16, 2022, 01:35:45 PM

So Turkey Hunter is a new publication NOT The Turkey Hunter that Gerry Blair was Editor of many years ago? In the 1990s I believe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

Yes, first issue.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

doublespurs21

off the cover of that magazine.......turkeyhunter.com     can't find anything about this magazine

callmakerman

Quote from: doublespurs21 on May 17, 2022, 04:51:51 PM
off the cover of that magazine.......turkeyhunter.com     can't find anything about this magazine
Yea it shows turkeyhuntermag.com and nothing comes up?????