turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Northeast success

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, May 15, 2022, 07:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Headed up to The Northeast for the first time this past Thursday to extend our season and hunt a couple days with my cousin.  Through family friends were were able to hunt a couple pieces of private land.

On Friday and Saturday we were greeted with unreal gobbling from start to finish and had delayed doubles both mornings.  It was nice to finally hunt some birds this spring that actually played the game like we all like.  I know there are some seasons still in but if I leave again the wife will hunt me, so this spring is in the books.  Already looking forward to next March to get it all started again. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Well done.  Congrats to you both. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hoot 000

That's some great looking pictures memories for a lifetime. Don't get no better than that. Some beautiful country.

Turkeybutt

Great job to both of you and beautiful birds.
Congratulations.

Dr Juice

Congrats. Awesome job and pics!

Mountainburd

I'm not a big fan of guys not posting what state they killed it, but I must say, those are some gorgeous pictures. Congrats on a successful hunt. And as a fellow Virginian, I agree with your desire to hunt birds that act normal, because they just don't anymore.

TRG3

Very nice photos!! My 80 year old knees ache just looking at that marvelous hilly scenery.

JeffC

Congrats on a great out of state hunt for you and your cousin, thanks for sharing great pictures.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bonasa

Nice job, doubled up both days is awesome; but what happened to that jake in the bottom?

FLGobstopper

Looks like a great trip, congrats to you both!

Vaturkeyhntr

Quote from: bonasa on May 16, 2022, 02:45:18 PM
Nice job, doubled up both days is awesome; but what happened to that jake in the bottom?

Hahaha, yea when he shot the jake decided to roll down the mountain and bounce off a couple rocks before we could get to him.  But to the jakes credit he came in gobbling like he owned the woods

3bailey3

Congrats and some awesome pics.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx