News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Locator calling for Eastern birds

Started by jmerchant1, May 09, 2022, 10:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

blake_08

I'm with another poster here. I try my best to fire up the Barred Owls and I let them take over. If you can fire up 2 or 3 owls, they make enough noise to stir the gobblers up for a long ways on a still morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

I normally start off with owl hoots from my mouth that I'm told are very realistic.  The Canada goose call is an overlooked call that works very well in most situations.  I tend to stay away from coyote howlers unless trying to roost one at dark. It will make them hang up on the roost at daylight for obvious reasons.

rakkin6

Quote from: Cottonmouth on May 13, 2022, 10:07:26 PM
I normally start off with owl hoots from my mouth that I'm told are very realistic.  The Canada goose call is an overlooked call that works very well in most situations.  I tend to stay away from coyote howlers unless trying to roost one at dark. It will make them hang up on the roost at daylight for obvious reasons.
I agree I carry a goose, peacock and owl locator calls. I suck at using my own voice for an owl call.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER