OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

CHOKE ADVICE: SBE2 + Apex TSS

Started by ragin-cajun, May 04, 2022, 02:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragin-cajun

SBE2 26in barrel...
recommend a CHOKE w/ Apex TSS load?
thx in advance!

[fyi: i own Rhino .670; IC .665, and CarlsonXR .665 tubes]
Wild Turkey

USMC0331

IC 665 should work with the 3.5 9s. You can call or Email Apex on their suggestion as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

I would almost bet that the IC .665 will shoot really good out of your black eagle with the TSS. Definitely give it a shot before spending more money. Also, the Carlson's XR .665 shoots really good in some guns as well. Not quite as dependable from gun to gun as your IC will generally prove to be, but I have some awesome patterns from the Carlson's XR .665. If you are not happy with either of them, you might give the Jeb's Headhunter .665 a shot as well, but I bet you get a great pattern from the chokes you already have in your possession. Sumtoy also makes excellent chokes. Wish you well either way.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

ragin-cajun

thx. gentleman w Apex suggested 3' 2 1/4 oz. #9s w/ .675 IC

I wanted advice from those who've patterned the SBE2 w Apex
Wild Turkey

Turkeybutt

I'm shooting a Kicks.665 out of my SBE2 using Federal TSS #9 with great results.

ragin-cajun

TB, u using 3 or 3.5 inch TSS w/ Kicks?
Wild Turkey

Dtrkyman

Those will all shoot well, just depends on the pattern your looking for.   I have an old primos original jelly head in my sbe2.  It shoots everything I feed it!  It's a .660

Never shot TSS from it, that's for the 20ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Rob Roberts Final Strut .660.....shoots everything well.......

Turkeybutt

3bailey3

Ask William at Sumtoy for his advice.

Sixes

Here is the pattern from my SBE2 with Sumtoy .660 and 3.5 Federal TSS

L-R

25 yards
35 yards
45 yards

3bailey3

Sixes

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 04, 2022, 07:27:20 PM
great patterns Sixes..

These were made in February after putting on a new Holosun with the circle and dot, I was little high on the 25  and I dialed the Holosun down a touch and then it was as good as I can shoot. The circle in the sight is perfect to circle around the target or a gobbler's head.

Plus, my gun seems to shoot better a bit dirty, which is good for me.

Turkeybutt

Great patterns after you got the Holosun dialed in.
I have a a HS510C on my Stevens 410 and love it!
Bought another HS510C along with a HE510-GR today. I think I like the green dot a little better.

runngun

I am shooting a Benelli M2 12 gauge with Indian Creek 665, APEX 3 Inch 9s 2.25 ounces. Also have a Trijicon red dot.
On my other gun which is a Ithaca model 37 "Turkey Slayer,  it has a pinned/welded barrel. Briley non-ported Turkey choke, Holosun HS510C. Also shooting the APEX both are devastating!!!!

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.