OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Setting out both a Strutter and Jake Decoy

Started by tman74, May 03, 2022, 03:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJR

tman74

JohnSouth22

Quote from: nitro on May 03, 2022, 05:09:41 PM
Learn where to set up and how to call .

Hey guys! This guy doesn't use decoys! He's better than anyone who does apparently !! Look at him!! See? No one could care less. What a self absorbed man I know you definitely bitch about any and everything to point a finger at why you're walking home empty handed that day  ???

ybuck

Zobo

That's funny because I had a very similar thing happen to me this season. I was actually yelling at a guy who tried to sneak in on a bird I was working. I yelled at the guy at the top of my voice but the Tom still came right into my lap.  Sometimes a hot gobbler will not be deterred!

Quote from: tman74 on May 12, 2022, 10:58:18 PM
Thanks Zobo I've been really looking forward to that moment.

I'd never use the Tom or Jake on public land that's for certain. This hunt took place on our acreage and we were on top of a hill that allows us to see in every direction for a great distance so I felt safe using them on this hunt. My wife shot her first turkey in the very same spot years ago and the funny thing is that I did run a couple of idiot trespassers off about 10 mins before we had 3 birds march in from the opposite side of the property. I could hear the birds gobbling while I was hollering at the 2 guys, lol. Some days the birds are on fire someday not a peep.
Quote from: Zobo on May 12, 2022, 10:26:54 PM
I'm not against using decoys on some sort of philosophical level, but I would be very careful in the field with them, especially the male ones, and even if you're sure you're alone. When my boys were younger we used an upright hen on occasion. But even then I was paranoid some idiot would sneak up and take a shot at it and us. However, congratulations to the boy on his first turkey and nice picture!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

owlhoot

congrats to the young man and dad.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Great job.